Chapter 20- Mom?

Yang POV

The gap in the curtain illuminating the dark room in a sinister glow. They only sounds I heard were the deep breaths of my team mates, who were deep in sleep at this point in the night. The current time was 3:26am and the skies are pitch black, not even the stars were out. The only source of light was the shattered moon that graced the sky.

I was currently sitting at the window, my back pressed against the wooden side. My legs slightly dangled out the open window. There was no wind out side so it wasn't cold, well not enough to wake the rest of them up.

I just sat at the window watching the forest behind the courtyard. The trees of the forest seemed to be the only thing that the moons light was cast upon tonight, making that area glow in a slight greeny colour.

My eyes were torn from the forest as I saw a single bird fly through the silent night. As it got closer it appeared to be a raven or a crow. It landed on one of the trees by my window. The bird had feathers as black as the night itself but piercing red eyes.

I watched the bird as it seemed to watch me also. I sighed and took my eyes off the bird and swung the remainder of my legs out the window so they were resting against the outside of the building. I slid over so so my side was resting against the side of the window.

I looked up to moon. It's shattered pieces danced across the sky almost like it was trying to get back together but it couldn't. It was almost sad to look up at the moon, it was painfully beautiful.

My mind was almost like it was just shut down. I didn't think about anything it was like I couldn't, and it was almost calming to take a break from my mind. Being trapped in my mind for long was a dangerous, but it was dangerously addictive.

I felt a wave of calmness wash over me as I suddenly saw a start stand out in dark sky. I closed my eyes for a minute and I reopened then and saw the whole Sky cover in stars. It was beautiful, they flicker and were shining bright illuminating more of beacon in a white glow.

I felt a smile tug at my lips, The view truly was beautiful. I saw something nice in the corner of my eye. I looked down and saw the raven flying down to the ground below my window. I watched it curiously as It landed on the cobble.

My eyes widened as I saw the raven slowly form into a woman. She was dressed in black and red. Her long black hair covered one of her red eyes as she slowly lifted her head to look up at me.

Suddenly I became very aware of who she was, long black hair, red eyes, sword. The raven, my raven. I looked at her in shock, was this actually her. Why would she show up after everything.

Tears pricked at my eyes as I clenched my fists. I quickly realised the position I was in, so I quickly climbed back in the window but I still had my top half slightly out the window, just so I could see her.

The sounds of my tears dripping onto the oak wood of the window was all I could here in the silence. I felt my ears wilt forward slightly as they were free for once. I rub my eyes hoping when I opened then again she would be away and just stay in my mind, but when I opened then she is now standing closer.

'Why is she doing this to my, why does she have to haunt me' I though as my tears wracked my body. I covered my mouth trying to hold back my sobs. Suddenly I felt a hand one my cheek.

I snap my head up and was meet with red, red eyes. My eyes widened as I stared at her, she gave a slight smile as she wiped away a tear than was rolling down my cheek.

"Mom" I chocked out looking at the older woman. She ran her thumb across my cheek in a loving manner "yes baby" she said, that was the first time I have heard her voice since she left.

Anger suddenly took over me as I pushed her hand away from my face and took a step back. The floor bored creaked as my weight was added to it.

I glared at her "why come see me now after everything that had happened" I cried not caring if my team mates woke up.

"What can a mother not come visit her own child" she asked placing a hand on her chest acting hurt.

I felt more angry when she said that she didn't have the right to say that. "You are no mother of mine" I raised my voice hoping one of my ten mates would wake up.

Her red eyes shut slightly as she glared at me, "oh is that so, then who do you consider your mother" she almost laughed. She knew the answer. "Oh please don't tell me you consider summer to be your mother" she laughed.

My ears suddenly picked up the sound of movement beside me. I turned my head and saw Ruby sitting up on her bed before jumping down.

She walked beside me. "Who are you" she glared at the older woman and her tone was almost like she was trying not to shout.

Raven had a smirk on her face now, "oh this must be dear old summers daughter, her real daughter" she said the last part glaring at me.

I could tell Ruby was getting pissed of, "I don't know who you are but you need to leave" Ruby said standing infront of me.

"Oh dear Ruby I am her mother " raven said, the smirk never left her face.

Ruby eyes glared at her "So you are the 'mother' that abandoned her own daughter" Ruby shouted now not caring if she woke anyone up.

I felt more tears stream down my cheeks as I took a step back. The backs of my legs hit the side of a bed and a suddenly fell down onto the bed. I felt the person stir and sit up.

"Yang what's wrong" Blake's voice ringed in my ears. I suddenly turned around and wrapped my arms around her and cried into her chest.

I felt her wrap her arms around me and sat me up with her. "My mom" I chocked out and shakily pointed at the raven infront of Ruby.

"Well Yang, I guess I will see you next time baby, goodbye" raven said I watched her jump out the window before I saw the raven sky away out of view.

I felt the bed shift as two more people sat in the bed as as the arms around my waist tightened and a hand was placed on my shoulder, but all I could do was stare out the window and let my tears fall.