1

Btw I'm not sure what kind of pairing I should write for Naruto. If there is even going to be a pairing. I'll leave it up to you guys to decide, unless I have a change of mind.

Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura and Kakashi arrived at the front gates after their long and tiring wave mission. Sakura's face lit up as she saw her parents waiting for her.
"Mom! Dad!" She shouted as she waved and ran to hug them. Sakura's parents beamed with joy and happiness; and also relief. This was Sakura's first mission, as well as the rest of team 7's first mission, outside of the Leaf and they were happy that their daughter was safe.
"Hey Sakura! Wanna hang out?" Naruto asked, cheerful as ever. Sakura grimaced.
"No way baka!" She screeched before leaving for her house with her parents.
"Big brother!" Sasuke yelled when he saw his brother, Itachi standing off to one side. Sasuke ran over to him and gave him a hug. Itachi was surprised; Sasuke usually never gave him a hug like this. Something must have happened... Itachi thought as he looked down at his brother. And pretty soon, the small crowd of friends and family dispersed, leaving just Kakashi and Naruto standing alone. Naruto looked down at the ground, blinking back tears of bitter disappointment.
"Naruto?" Naruto heard someone familiar say, and he looked up to see Iruka.
"Iruka sensei!" Naruto's face broke out into a grin, his earlier pain all but forgotten.
"Hey... I heard it turned out to be an A ranked mission. Why don't you tell me the details over Ichiraku's?" Iruka asked and Naruto grinned.
"Hell yeah, ya know?" Naruto said excitedly as he left with Iruka, not before Iruka gave Kakashi a sad look. Kakashi smiled, not that anyone could properly see it under his mask. At least Iruka is there for him like family... Kakashi thought before he turned in the direction of the Hokage's office. Dam, I gotta go hand in my mission report now... Kakashi sighed as he slowly made his way over. There was just no way he was going to be in there for a mere 5 minutes.

-----

After the ramen, Naruto walked home alone, still feeling a pain in his heart that he knew deep down stemmed from his lack of family. He had known loneliness his entire life, but recently, seeing his team going home with their families after missions was beginning to hurt Naruto on the inside more and more. Naruto slowly opened the door to his run down apartment. The rotting wooden door swung open with a loud creak, the rusty hinges gone without oiling for so long, they looked brittle and ready to break at the slightest application of pressure. After closing the door, Naruto sank to the ground, pulling his legs as close as he could to his body before crying himself to sleep. He didn't even have a bed to sleep on.

"Oi! Dobe!" Naruto awoke the next morning to the Uchiha's shouts and knocking on his door.
"Do-" Sasuke knocked again, a little harder and the top hinges broke under the pressure, the door folding in on itself as if it was made of paper. Sasuke was shocked. He'd never seen a more neglected building in his life. In fact he'd never even seen buildings remotely close to being this neglected and rundown in his life.
Mostly because he was privileged enough to live in a clan compound, being a part of the Uchiha anyway. He saw the sleeping Naruto huddled in a corner on the floor.
"Naruto!" He shouted, waking the blond boy up immediately.
"Sasuke?" Naruto asked, not even sure why Sasuke was there.
"The Hokage's waiting to give us a mission!" Sasuke scowled before he left to go the Hokage's office. Naruto sighed and composed himself before he left for the office, not even bothering to close his now ruined apartment door. Arriving late at the Hokage's office, he ignored the glares he received from the other Genin also invited.
"Ah, you are here now, Naruto." Said the Third Hokage, as patient as ever. He cleared his throat.
"Alright, there is going to be an arrival soon. I'm sure all of you have heard about it. A clan of blood relations to the Senju clan is coming to the Leaf Village! They are a very prestigious and considered a royal clan, so please be on your best behaviour." The third Hokage started. All of the Genin gathered had already known this. Except Naruto.
"Wait what?" Naruto asked, confused. The third Hokage expected as much.
"Your mission is to escort them from the Land Of Waves bridge to our village. This clan is a vital ally to the Leaf Village and they possess many powerful jutsu and Kekkei genkai. And they have also been rumoured to have found their lost heir." The Hokage said, giving the four Jonin sensei gathered some pointed looks. They all nodded subtly. Protect the heir.
"Wait heir? What heir? What are you talking about?" Naruto asked, even more confused and scratching his head too. All of the Genin just stared at him.
That idiot!
Wow he is such a baka!
How come someone so dumb even exist?
N-Naruto kun!
They were thinking as the third Hokage cleared his throat.
"I'm saying, that their clan head is dead, but the clan head's son is still alive. In essence, he is a Prince by birth, and so that makes their current Queen just a stand in. Understand?" The Hokage explained to Naruto, who seemed to understand the king/queen concepts.
"Yeah yeah..." Naruto replied.
"Alright! Dismissed!" The Hokage said with a gleam in his eye, one that the Jonin picked up on. It meant that the Hokage knew something but was withholding that information.
"Oh and Naruto? I need to talk to you. Alone." The Hokage stressed. Everyone left and Naruto was left standing alone in the office.
"Naruto. Just be yourself on this mission. Don't need to be all idiotic and stupid anymore. Just be yourself, no matter who or what anyone says. Trust me on this." Hiruzen looked at Naruto.
"I will!" Naruto said with a grin. No need for him to act like a dumb idiot anymore. The only reason he acted dumb was due to the fact that it covered up his loneliness and it was a way for him to cope. He wasn't the smartest guy, nor the strongest, but he certainly wasn't dead last. Although he did wonder why the Hokage told him to be himself. It was strange.