Important

This is in response to Moonlight0628

I have recently been informed that some of my works have been copied by some Doc Truyen website. I'm sure many of you are also aware that many other content creators (authors) on Wattpad have also had their content copied. With a sad and heavy heart, I regret to inform you all that as of today, I will cease all work on my stories. While writing is my passion, something like this just takes my passion and extinguish the flame on my candle completely and utterly. Recognition that is gained from stealing makes me want to stop writing.

Something like this makes me feel as though I've lost everything - to have something that is precious to you, that you can call your own, blatantly copied without permission, is just heinous. I never imagined that it would happen to me. I was just a small writer when I first started. I would be happy with any number of reads, whether it was 1 or 10. It just made me feel appreciated, accepted by the community and made me want to keep writing.

So I'm sorry to all of you who read this now on Wattpad, I will put up my pen, because although the pen is mightier than the sword, not even a pen can stop a corrupted mind. I will be taking down all of my stories and until this problem is fixed, I will cease to continue on Wattpad, because I no longer have the heart, the drive, the determination, or the passion to do so anymore.

Arigatou. Sayonara.

No

No. This is a message to all of you. Yes I may have written something which looked like I was going to quit Wattpad.
Ask yourself. If all of us content creators quit Wattpad, what is there left for the readers to read? When all our brilliant minds shut down, and never turn on again, who will inspire the next set, the next generation of aspiring writers or any kind of content creator? To quit is to give up, and to let these people win. We must band together and stay strong. Just as people have stayed together in the face of terrorism, it didn't destroy us then, we didn't give up then, so we mustn't give up now. If we allow ourselves to be defeated so easily, can we really call ourselves content creators? Can we really say "I'm proud of my work?" when the first of many obstacles come our way and we back away from it, rather than rise to the challenge and overcome it? I call for all the readers to rally behind the authors that they read here on Wattpad. Give them hope, keep supporting them, and also, keep telling them, never give up.

So what? Who cares if they copy us? Yes that's an infringement of copyright laws, and yes it's demoralising if they steal credit, but it does mean that somewhere, people have recognised you. You have surely ascended from a mere writer to someone who people look forward to reading the next chapter from. For us writers, people surely look forward to our updates, and if we give up now, we disappoint all the readers who have given us support. So keep soldiering on is all I implore of each and every one of you. Treat this as an obstacle that we can all overcome collectively. Because if we give up, think about the message we leave behind to our readers.

Fiction writers, authors, in my opinion write to share ideas. To create worlds where one can lose oneself in, to dream, to share and adventure, but most importantly, many stories, give hope to us all as we read them. If we give up, the final message we send out to our readers is one of despair. And I will not, I will never, let that be my final message. I will go down fighting if I have to.

Hope is important for the future generations to readers and writers. Hope is important for the aspiring generations which follow us. And Hope must continue to be present, but it can only do so if we all do this together. So to all who read this, my final message is, don't lose hope. Continue doing what you love to do, and continue to let those many readers continue to believe in hope and in us for writing.