Special

This chapter is a special chapter in commemoration of the new cover for this story

This chapter is a special chapter in commemoration of the new cover for this story. Because I feel like it, this chapter will be very different and won't add anything new to the plot, but rather be like a retelling of everything up until this point. However it may add in details of the past before chapter 1. It may also skip some parts of the story. I hope you enjoy!

WARNING: Some of the songs may be changed to fit the story

WARNING: The feels may be strong in this one

BONUS POINTS IF YOU CAN TELL ME WHERE EACH ITALICISED PARAGRAPH IS FROM, OR THE NAME!

The little boy dug through his pockets. He'd just gotten back home from Ichiraku's ramen. He could still remember the warmth of the ramen he'd eaten. It had only been one bowl. But that was enough to fill him. He opened the door to his apartment, and a small sad smile crossed his face. There was something new inside. Scrawled across the wall were the words "Street Rat", "Peasant", "Monster". Naruto closed the door and went to one of the side windows where he had a clear view of the Hokage Mountain. One day, he aspired to be a Hokage. Because then he'd have a family. Not a blood family, but a family all the same. He felt tears in his eyes, as he poured his heart and soul into his mouth, he opened it and sang.

"Riff raff. Street rat.
I don't buy that.
If only they'd look closer
Would they see a poor boy?
No siree,
They'd find out, there's so much more,
To me."

-----

Across the desert, another window was opened. Inside, was a blond haired girl, twirling around a small paper fan idly. Behind her, was the bed which her younger brother slept in. Well, was lying in. He was suffering despite his happy demeanour and their father did nothing. She sighed. Her older brother was off playing with his friends and as usual it was up to her to make sure her little brother didn't go off somewhere. She felt a yearning in her heart. None of her friends visited. They never came. After Gaara was born, Temari's friends never showed up. They never even talked to her anymore.

"I woke up, it was seven
I waited til eleven
Just to figure out that no one would come...
I think I've got a lot of friends
But I don't hear from them
What's another night all alone...

When you're spending every day on your own
And here it goes

I'm just a kid and life is a nightmare
I'm just a kid, I know that it's not fair
Nobody cares, cause I'm alone and the world is
Having more fun than me tonight

And maybe when the night is dead,
I'll crawl into my bed
I'm staring at these 4 walls again
I'll try to think about the last time
I had a good time
Everyone's got somewhere to go