6

"Naruto Uzumaki..."

"He's completed two A rank missions and 20 D rank missions. He's shown no genjutsu skills, he's been able to adapt and master the clan style like it was second nature, his ninjutsu seems to be limited to his shadow clones, although I don't have much information. His team mates are Sasuke Uchiha and Sakura Haruno." Kabuto said as he read his info card. Sasuke frowned.
"But we only did one A rank mission." Sasuke said. He looked at the blond who was chatting away with the Suna shinobi. What secrets could he be hiding? And what clan? I thought his clan was non existent? Of course Sasuke still did not realise the full impact of what happened the week before when Lady Mito had addressed her nephew. Suddenly there he as a commotion out the window. All of the Genin turned around to look. There was a group of citizens chatting excitedly.
"Apparently the heir of the Uzumaki clan will be officially recognised as Crown Prince after the Chunin exams!" One of them said. The Sand siblings looked at Naruto who blushed and looked away. Kankuro nudged Temari and she blushed.
"Yeah I just hope the demon doesn't kill the heir."
"Demons tend to do stuff like that, that's why there's gonna be ANBU guards all over the place."

The chatting continued and Gaara was wide eyed in shock. He'd had no idea that his friend was having it as bad as he was. Meanwhile, the 8 rookies didn't have a clue what they were talking about.
"Heir?"
"Demon?" They questioned. Kabuto smirked to himself. They were dumber than he thought. It only made his job easier.
"Well -" there was a sudden loud bang followed by a poof of smoke. When the smoke cleared, the startled Genin found themselves looking at a scared ninja who had behind him a large cohort of other ninja.
"Alright you maggots settle down! My name is Ibiki Morino and I'm your proctor for the first part of the exams." He gestured with his hand and the Chunin and Jonin behind him moved themselves to the seats that were placed by the walls.
"This is a written test. There are 10 questions for you to answer, of which question 10 will be delivered verbally. Each question is worth one point. Get one wrong and you get a point deducted from your team score. If your team score is 0, you will be eliminated. If you get caught cheating, the ninja on the seats will mark your name down. If you are caught three times, you and your team fail. Got that?" Ibiki said as he started placing the test paper onto the tables.
"Line up at the back, and my assistant will assign you numbers. Be sure to stand next to your team." Everyone gulped at his straight forward attitude but lined up anyway. His assistant began to assign numbers to everyone, pointing out which numbered seat they'd be sitting at, and effectively splitting up the teams. Sakura and Sasuke gulped as they realised that Naruto would probably not even answer a single question.
"Alright everyone sit down. You have 60 minutes to complete this exam, the start time is 12:30 and the finish time is 1:30. The time now is 12:29. You have until the bell rings at 1:24 to answer the first 9 questions before I give you the final question. I must also remind you that if you do not answer anything, I will disqualify you. Good luck, although you maggots don't have enough of it. I'm taking the time from this clock here. Begin!" Ibiki said as the bell rang. His assistant leaned forward.
"There are so many candidates this year. Are you sure we can eliminate enough of them?" He asked. Ibiki turned around and grinned.
"Certainly." He raised his hands and cast a subtle, but unnoticed genjutsu on the clock, accelerating the time. Ibiki turned back and watched the Genin. He could already see some cheating, but they were being marked down and noted. He saw also some interesting methods of cheating that were ingenious, and very hard to catch out; the sharingan being used, the byakugan... he even found the sand eye to be very interesting too. He saw as some of the Genin looked up at the clock. He grinned to himself. The Genin soon began to check the time individually and they were all beginning to panic. It had only been about five minutes into the exam, but the clock already read 12:45.

Naruto scratched his head. The questions made no sense to him at all. He knew he'd not be able to answer any of them. He sighed. Written tests were not his forte. He surreptitiously activated a seal on his wrist, one that he'd been experimenting with and it apparently was successful. It was his storage seal, mixed in with an anti detection seal which had managed to fool the ninja checking for unauthorised material. He skimmed the contents of the papers he'd sealed inside before sealing them back inside. Then he set forth happily answering the questions. Even if the instructors saw him, it would only be classified as cheating once. Which meant he could get away with it again. But only if he needed to.