7*

Sequel to The Outcast Of Konoha is out now. It's called The Sand's New Power.

Anyway, let's continue on with the story.

*Fixed an error

"Ya know, you could at least be pleasant." Naruto said as Sasuke continued to glare at him. They'd been walking around in the forest of death for several hours now, and they had not come across another team as of yet. Sasuke continued to be rude and unpleasant, to the point where even Sakura had decided to walk upfront with Naruto. Suddenly, a kunai was thrown at them and they all jumped back instinctively, each one taking a kunai out. Three Ame Genin stepped out of the bush, waving their kunai around menacingly.
"Hand us your scroll, and we'll let you live." One of them said. Sasuke glared at them.
"There's no way we are doing that!" He replied in anger. Naruto unsheathed his katana which was strapped to his back and held it in front of him with two hand. He looked at Sasuke and Sasuke nodded back. Naruto sprinted forward, letting his sword drag behind him as he ran towards the leading Ame Genin. Sasuke gathered chakra into his legs and jumped straight up, twisting around to get into position and threw several shuriken and kunai at them. Sakura just stood there and watched in awe. Naruto clashed his katana against the Ame Genin before jumping backwards to dodge a kunai thrust. When he landed, they all heard a roaring sound which seemed to come from far away. A large gust of wind hit them all, forcing Sasuke, Sakura and the Ame Genin to duck for cover and dive to the side. Naruto was unlucky enough to be caught in the middle, being picked up and slammed into the tree trunk directly behind him. The three Ame ninja recovered first and stood to attack, but quickly, several snakes appeared from the ground and hit their throats, killing them instantly, before dragging them away. A sinister chakra leaked into the area and along with it came a man with long black hair, a pale white face and yellow eyes glowing in the gloom of the forest.

Sasuke and Sakura fell to the knees from the sheer pressure of the killing intent and dark aura being emitted from the man. They were paralysed in fear, seeing their own deaths flash before their eyes. The man ignored them both, chuckling as he approached the dazed and stunned Naruto. He approached him and picked him up, ripping away his shirt in the process. He held up his right hand and his fingertips began to glow with the five elemental chakra natures.
"Five pronged seal!" He placed the five finger tips onto the seal on Naruto's stomach which caused him to scream and collapse in pain. Sasuke and Sakura watched in horror as the man leaned over and bit* Naruto's neck, leaving a seal consisting of three slightly curved lines. He then threw the screaming jinchuriki to the side and turned back to face Sasuke and Sakura.
"What did you do to him?!" Sasuke finally managed to speak. The man laughed.
"My name is Orochimaru. I've simply shared with him some of my power." He smiled cynically at Sakura and Sasuke's reaction. Ku ku ku... with the five pronged seal, I've also prevented any interference by the Kyuubi. That Uzumaki bloodline... will be mine... and I will discover the unique qualities it possesses which gives the Uzumaki the famed stamina, endurance and long natural life... and embed it into my immortality jutsu. Orochimaru thought.
"First of all... Sasuke... I'll see you later... ku ku ku... I can also impart some of my power into you too. All you have to do, is find me." Orochimaru said as he formed a hand seal. His neck extended and he reached over to bite the still frozen Sasuke in the neck when a fist smashed into the side of his face, causing him to stumble back. He turned and saw Naruto, curse mark spreading over his body. Orochimaru's eyes widened.
"Impossible... to think the Uzumaki bloodline is perfect for assimilating the curse seals..." he licked his lips with his ridiculously long tongue. Suddenly Naruto arched his back and fell over in pain, clawing at the curse mark on his neck.
"Of course... he hasn't fully been able to assimilate it. But it would be prudent to send him elsewhere for now." Orochimaru laughed as he saw Sasuke and Sakura's worried faces.
"So you do worry about your demon friend after all..." Orochimaru said and watched as their faces twisted in confusion. Tiger Ox Dog Rabbit Snake.
"Wind style! Great breakthrough!" Another large gust of wind slammed into Naruto and he was sent flying through the forest. Orochimaru stared after him for a moment.
"What did you do?!" Sasuke shouted angrily, his eyes morphing into that of the Sharingan. Orochimaru turned back to him.
"Ahh the Sharingan... well I simply sent him out of reach so he wouldn't interfere but -" Orochimaru stopped and looked around.
"I'll see you later, Sasuke." And then he was gone. Just as sudden as he had appeared, he was gone. Sasuke and Sakura fell down, released from the paralysing genjutsu that had been cast on them both. Not a minute went by when the proctor appeared in front of them.
"Anko?" Sakura asked. From all the books she'd read, it was uncommon for the proctor to be in the actual arena where the second exam was taking place.
"I felt an unusually large chakra here. Did anything happen? Are you guys alright?" Anko asked. I thought for sure I felt Orochimaru's chakra here just a moment ago. Sakura went to speak when Sasuke stepped forward.
"Nothing happened." He said angrily. Anko looked at him.
"Ok then, duckbutt, where's your team mate?" She asked, a little pissed off at the Uchiha's attitude.
"He's gone toilet." Sasuke lied. She glared at him for a second.
"Well I don't need to remind you that you can only pass as a team of three so get a move on!" She said as she jumped off in the direction she felt Orochimaru's presence at.