8

Temari watched over the still form of Naruto as he lay in the hospital bed. Occasionally, he'd twitch and groan but otherwise he was completely still and quiet. Surprisingly, no one had come to visit him. Even though he was the heir to the Uzumaki clan, and good looking, Temari hadn't seen a single person come to visit. Which made Temari curious. Had they stationed guards around that prevented visitors? If so was she going to be removed from the room? Temari had a whole bunch of questions that she wanted answers to. There was a moment of silence as Temari stared out the window before she could distinctly hear footsteps approaching the hospital room. The door opened and in walked a red haired girl who was clutching flowers. She looked familiar to Temari but she couldn't remember where she'd seen her from.
"Naruto..." the red head said softly as she lay the flowers down. Temari felt a stab of pain in her heart. Is she the one who Naruto's in love with? She wondered. The red head looked up and saw her.
"Oh hi... I didn't see you there at first." She said, a little awkwardly. A long silence ensued as both girls didn't know what to say. Karin thought Temari was Naruto's girlfriend, and vice versa.
"So um... Hi." Temari said at last.
"Hi... uh... what's your name? My name is Karin Uzumaki..." Karin said as she tried to start a conversation. Temari lightened up. Oh right she's his cousin...
"My name is Temari and I'm from the Sand Village."

-----

Sasuke walked along the streets, fuming slightly. His team was disqualified from the Chunin exams all because of that stupid snake bastard. He sighed. Would he even be able to make Chunin? It would be embarrassing, but it wasn't his fault so the Uchiha pride would not be dented. After all, it was outside interference on one of his team mates which disqualified his team. Sasuke was bored. Sakura had gone home early, obviously a little upset that she couldn't make Chunin, but if Sasuke was going to be completely honest, she was useless anyway and wouldn't ever make Chunin in her current state. He suddenly felt lonely, and frowned. I'm not lonely, I have Itachi. I have my friends. He thought. Then he saw the blond kunoichi from the sand leaving the hospital with a red haired girl next to her. As they parted ways, he realised with a start that it was Karin. He scowled. He'd still yet to win a verbal encounter with her, and it irked him how she always had a reply for his remarks. He sighed. Then she fell over. She'd tripped over and was now on the ground. Sasuke grimaced, before looking around. And curse my luck, I'm the only person here. Sasuke scowled before he decided to help her. He took a step forward but then saw someone leap down from the roof tops and help her up. His eyes widened fractionally when he saw it was Kiba.
"What in the world is going on today...?" He muttered to himself. And then they turned to look at him. He quickly scowled, glaring at them before walking past them both.
"Hey Sasuke." Kiba said.
"Hi." Karin greeted.
"Hn." Was Sasuke's reply as he walked past them. Although he did feel lonely again when he looked back at Kiba and Karin and a little hurt.
"Something must be wrong with my heart. Maybe I have a disease..." Sasuke mumbled as he continued walking.

Karin liked Konoha. Everyone was nice, and it was a pleasant place with lots of places to explore. And the people were always helpful. Like Kiba, for instance who was walking with her right now. She observers Kiba to be usually loud and talkative and fun, but right now, he was quieter than a mouse.
"What's the matter Kiba?" Karin asked when she was sick and tired of the silence as they walked.
"Oh uh nothing." Was he reply.
"Why weren't you talking then?" Karin continued relentlessly. Kiba gulped.
"I was just thinking." He answered, sounding very unconvincing.
"Well... I just hope Naruto's alright." Karin sighed. Kiba immediately snapped his head up and looked at her sharply.
"What's with Naruto? Why is it everything about him? What's so special about him anyway?!" Kiba shouted angrily, and jealously. Karin stopped walking.
"He's my cousin! Of course I'm going to be worried about him! He got attacked by Orochimaru! One of the Sannin!" Karin shouted back in his face before stomping off. Jeez the village people are crazy sometimes! There's that Uchiha with the continuous mood swings and then there's Kiba, the guy who also apparently has mood swings too. Karin walked the rest of the way back to the Uzumaki mansion alone. Kiba had twice tried to walk with her and apologise but Karin had simply ignored him and told him to go away. Upon reaching the doors, they were opened by Uru and Ashina.
"Hello, Lady Karin." They both greeted in perfect unison.
"Hi." She replied.
"Where's my mother?" She asked. Ashina pointed upwards.
"In her bedroom." He told her and Karin nodded before running up the stairs, much to the amusement of the two guards.