19

Sorry. I've had to deal with real life problems and so I've been unable to work on my stories for some time. I won't bore you guys with my excuses so lets continue where we left off, shall we? Also, this chapter contains a scene that is a little... 'different' from the usual (if you catch my drift) and I'm not gonna say a thing about it. I'd also prefer for you guys not to read it because its embarrassing to me and I have no idea what I was doing deciding to write that but regardless, I will keep it in the story because there is no use in me trying to justify what I've already done. If I were to get rid of it, then I'll just have to change the majority of this chapter and I seriously CAN'T BE BOTHERED. SO DON'T JUDGE ME PLEASE. XD.

"I see you have improved." Naruto said as he observed his grandmother, who was working to control the Nature energy around her. Her eyes were closed in concentration, her forehead slightly creased.
"I can feel it..." Tsunade said after a while. They had been training for most of the day, and Naruto was on the verge of calling for dinner to be set back about half an hour when a knock sounded on the double doors of the hall. Naruto gestured to the two guards and they graciously opened the doors. Gaara was standing there.
"Naruto. May we talk, in private?" He asked. Naruto nodded. He walked up to Gaara and then motioned for him to follow.

"What is it you want to talk about?" Naruto asked his friend when they were in a private room. Gaara swallowed hard.
"Please... just... hear me out." Gaara begged. Naruto looked puzzled.
"But don't I always?" He asked. Gaara fixed his gaze on him.
"Promise me you will listen and consider everything I say." Gaara asked. Naruto shrugged. He'd never known his friend to be like this.
"Yes, I promise." Naruto answered. Gaara took a deep breath.
"Okay, how do I say this... it's about Temari." Gaara started. He saw Naruto tense up and a dangerous look enter his eyes.
"You promised." He said firmly and Naruto grit his teeth.
"Yes... yes I did."

-----

The following dinner, everyone could feel the tension radiating between the Prince and the Kazekage. They both ate stiffly and avoided talking to each other, and it made for a very nerve wracking dinner. Nobody looked at the Prince. They were all afraid. Sasuke, because of the power in Naruto's clan secret that he had seen first hand, Kiba, because he was afraid that his eyes would give away his secret relationship with his cousin, and everyone else because he was very powerful, as a ninja and as the Village leader. Tsunade didn't really care. Naruto was her grandson, and she'd happily hit him with her own chakra enhanced punch to remind him of his place if need be. But anyway, she knew Naruto would never be angry at her. Who would get mad at their grandmother anyway? Naruto stood up abruptly, and left quickly. The others didn't even get a chance to stand as Naruto was gone before anyone could react. Dinner resumed and the tension relaxed, everyone feeling the pressure draining away.

Kiba felt his pounding heart slow back down to normal. For a moment, when Naruto had paused at the door and turned to look back, he thought he was about to be killed on the spot. He looked to his left and saw Ino sigh. 
"Sai... how long are you going to take?" Ino asked. Sai turned and gave her a smile. It looked fake, although they could all tell that any emotion Sai showed looked fake because of Danzo's tough ROOT training. 
"Not very long, beaut- I mean Ino." Sai said, eyeing Sakura who had stopped eating with her chopsticks midway to her mouth. Every time Sai called Ino beautiful when Sakura was around, just reminded her that Sai also called her Ugly. And Sai didn't want to spend the next 30 minutes in a coma. Ino giggled and lay her head on Sai's shoulder. 
"Then I'll just wait for you in the garden." Ino said before she stood up and walked off. Kiba sighed inwardly. He turned to look at Karin but she was not looking at them. She was busy eating. Slowly. Kiba wished to be able to show such intimacy with Karin in public, but as always, the threat of being completely disintegrated by Naruto was too much to bear.