10

Pls calm down guys... XD I normally update every few days...

Btw I'm addicted to the song "Tale as old as time" for the beauty and the beast movie that's coming out...

"Uzumaki Naruto, on this day, you shall officially be recognised as the Crown Prince of the Uzumaki clan, and become the clan head when you become of age." Lady Mito recited from a small book she held in her hands. It was a brown book, with gold bindings and had the Uzumaki swirl on the back.
"As Crown Prince and Clan Heir, soon to be Clan Head, it will fall upon you to lead this clan from the precipice of extinction, lead this clan to a prosperous future, and rule over the Land of Whirlpools alongside your consort." Naruto kept himself kneeled in front of his aunt on the roof of the Hokage tower. As far as the ceremony would go, he would stand once the reading of his responsibilities and duties and whatnot were read out fully.
"As it is, regarding a consort, the clan would normally have handpicked several potential ladies, but seeing as this is not possible, we shall let you have free reign, even though in the end the choice will still fall to you. Stand, Uzumaki Naruto, Crown Prince and Clan Heir!" Lady Mito finished as she closed the book with a clap, the Hokage giving him a smile, as did his cousin. Naruto stood up fully and to his surprise, his aunt, cousin and the councilmen, and the Hokage gave a short bow, indicative of his new title that had been bestowed upon him by his aunt. He turned and was met by loud cheers as the villagers conveniently forgot the many times they abused the blond boy. Naruto caught glimpses of people he knew in the crowd and he gave a brief smile. As he continued to smile, he saw a long black haired man staring at him with a twisted smile. His hearing seemed to dull out all the sounds as he stared at the man, his neck hurting a tiny bit as a memory of the curse mark he'd received from Orochimaru. Then he was gone, and everything was back to normal. The Hokage stepped forward and laid a hand on Naruto's shoulder.
"Tonight, will be the celebrations! We will have a giant festival, and all are invited!" The Hokage's voice boomed and the crowd cheered.
"It is also almost time for me to tender to my resignation as your Hokage." He continued and the crowd immediately went silent.
"Alas, I've had a good run, but, I'm old. I'm no longer able to keep up, and I'll find it much more difficult to defend this village, should I continue on my current path. The years have been kind to me, but I feel eternally tired. As of today, I will be choosing the next Hokage and preparing them for the time when I finally do step down." Hiruzen announced. The crowd was silent for a while.
"In fact, because the daimyo and the council are all here, I will make my nomination. I, Hiruzen Sarutobi, the Third Hokage, nominate Tsunade Senju, to become the fifth Hokage!" He said, almost with a chuckle as Tsunade suddenly looked around her.
"Who me?" She asked no one in particular. The crowd roared and cheered their ascent. Who better than to succeed Hiruzen than one of his former pupils, dubbed one of the legendary Sannin by Hanzo, and the foremost medical Ninja in the world? Of course, had it been Jiraiya, the reaction would be more or less the same, although for slightly more, frowned upon reasons.

-----

Naruto sat in his chair in the Uzumaki mansion, and watched as Uru opened the doors.
"Prince, may I present the Hyuga clan." He announced as Hiashi stepped forward, closely followed by his two daughters, his brother, and his nephew. Hiashi, as the clan head walked up first and Naruto stood up. Hiashi bowed down to him in deference to his position and they shook hands. Then came the rest of the main party from the Hyuga clan, as they followed Hiashi's actions. Then they were guided to some seats by the side of the hall.
"May I present, the Uchiha clan." Naruto sat up a little straighter. He was curious - watching as the Uchiha head, Fugaku and his wife, followed by his two sons entered the hall. Naruto looked at Sasuke who wasn't looking at him - rather he was looking at the person behind him. Karin... Naruto thought as he glanced subtly over at her. She was wearing her red dress and was standing next to Aunt Mito. She didn't seem to notice. Fugaku and his wife bowed and the shook his hand, while Sasuke and Itachi waited before bowing and then shaking his hand. Sasuke leaned in closer.
"Nice clothes, dobe." He whispered. Naruto suppressed a smile.
"Nice to see you too." He replied.
"May I present the Inuzuka clan and the Aburame clan." Uru announced as they entered. The Uchiha were led over to the seats next to the Hyuga clan where the two heads glared at each other. Naruto again stood up, watching as they bowed to him and shook all of their hands. He noticed that Kiba was looking at Karin, rather like Sasuke was. He raised an eyebrow but didn't comment. He'd save it for later.
"May I present the Yamanaka clan, Nara clan, and the Akimichi clan..."