3*

Sorry this chapter, for some reason, was just hard for me to write lol. Probably because I'm illiterate. JK JK. (Sorry if I offended anyone). Anyway let's get on with the chapter so that I don't keep digging my grave.

*fixed error

As they neared Konoha the next morning, Naruto was growing increasingly frantic and nervous about something. It was really weird. Lady Mito kept watching Naruto from the corner of her eye, and continued to watch his interactions between his 'supposed' friends and his sensei. Karin just simply wanted to find out the truth. Naruto was jumpy whenever someone mentioned Konoha. It was suspicious.

"Naruto?" Karin asked as she grabbed Naruto's arm. Kiba growled. Which surprised all the Genin in the group. They stared at him for a few seconds before Karin returned her attention to Naruto.
"Let's go walk with mum!" She said cheerfully, before she literally dragged him all the way to Lady Mito. He gulped when he saw Lady Mito's face and Karin's face as they turned to face him.
"Spill the beans Naruto! What's going on?" Karin asked. Naruto sighed.

"The villagers all hate me..."

-----

Naruto sighed. They had reached Konoha without a hitch. He'd somehow managed to convince his aunt to let him wear his orange clothes again. It was a relief for him, and also that he managed to avoid all the stares from the villagers as for once, the attention was diverted from him to the honourable and noble Lady Mito and her daughter, Lady Karin. No one payed Naruto any attention at all, which he found lonely, but also comforting at the same time. And for some reason, all of the Genin had assumed they were hallucinating last night when they found out Naruto was the lost prince so they returned to just thinking about him as the clan less loser and the dead last. And so, leaving the welcoming from the overly enthusiastic villagers and ninja, he crept home, noticing that his severely damaged door was actually missing, and all of his belongings on the ground before the apartment. It seemed that the apartment owners had decided that even though the Hokage had given this to him, they couldn't bare living with him. And they apparently blamed the destruction of the door on him, even though it was Sasuke who broke it. He found a note tacked to his belongings.

Demon;
Because of your reckless disregard for our property over all the years of your rent, we have decided that you are no longer welcome in our haven and have evicted you. Also, we have docked the necessary funds from your wallet to pay for the extensive damage dealt during your tenure of this apartment.

Pleasure doing business with you, we sincerely hope you understand, goodbye demon.

Naruto sighed. He looked to his frog wallet that was lying on top of a bag of his belongings. He was shredded to pieces. One look inside already confirmed that all the ryo from his missions that he had saved were completely gone. He was about to pick up his belongings when an old man approached him. Naruto had never seen him before in his life.
"Can I help you?" Naruto asked politely. The old man stared at his apartment for a few seconds.
"Oh my dear boy. I pity you." He spoke simply. Naruto was expecting some insults but was mildly surprised.
"Don't be surprised boy, I'm much wiser than those ignorant young fools nowadays. Here, I'll give you a hand." The old man hobbled towards Naruto's belongings and took one of the two bags.
"Thank you ve-" Naruto began before he took a whack to the side of his head, making him fall over, and blur up his vision. He hears laughing coming from the old man, who simply formed a hand seal he recognised all too well. With a puff of smoke, he released the transformation jutsu on himself and Naruto saw that it was one of the hateful Chunin in the village.
"With a royal clan in this village, there's no choice but to remove any pests lying around. We don't have time to keep tidying up after your messes. And I'd bet Lady Mito would not approve of you at all." He grinned before pulling out a kunai. Naruto struggled to rise up but he had been hit rather hard on the head and he still had problems with his vision.
"Wait please..." Naruto tried to say but the Chunin simply pulled him up by the shirt and plunged the kunai deep into his stomach. Naruto tried to scream in pain, but he was denied even that simple comfort. Instead, he found something foul shoved into his mouth, choking him and muffling all sounds being emitted from it. His eyes widened as he felt several more stabs of the kunai, which the Chunin took extra pleasure in twisting while it was still inside his body, before he was thrown to the ground. With his fading vision, he realised that the Chunin was making more hand seals. Then the Chunin simply swirled and disappeared. Genjutsu... he placed a genjutsu on me so that no one can see this mess... Naruto thought out bitterly before blackness claimed him.