24

Hello. Long time no see. Guess life just catches up to us sometimes and then we get a bit busy for a while, huh?

Anyway, I'm thinking about writing my own stories soon - not fan fiction, but real fiction stories. I want to expand myself and be more creative :)

Anyway, enough rambling on. Enjoy the rest of the story, which I have decided to complete the remaining chapters before uploading them all at once.

Gaara stood on top of the entrance into the Sand Village. He knew the Akatsuki were after Takomatsu. After all, they needed something with Naruto's chakra in it to restore Naruto in order to steal his biju. His ANBU were all with him. He had informed them all of the problem. And none of them were ready to admit but they suspected that Takoyama was not the father anyway. They simply didn't say a word because they feared the wrath of the Sand Princess, otherwise also known as Temari of the Sand. He could see in the distance a disturbance in the desert. Great clouds of sand were being stirred up from the sand dunes, and Gaara narrowed his eyes. Someone was coming. He could feel it in the sand. They were coming for Takomatsu.

-----

"Let us inside!" The tallest one of the group ordered. The two Sand Jonin standing guard at the gate frowned.
"You are not permitted inside without an official invitation, or unless you are a citizen of the Sand Village." One of them replied in kind. One of the black cloaked men with red clouds on their cloaks stepped forward.
"You will let us pass." He commanded, the purple ringed eyes giving his voice extra authority. Neither men backed down.
"Almighty push." He said and an invisible force launched the two Sand Jonin into the walls behind them, the force strong enough to kill them both on impact. The Akatsuki all chuckled as they walked past the two dead Jonin. No one defied Pain. They'd barely taken a proper step into the village from the gate when a column of sand rose in front of them.
"It's Gaara." Sasuke muttered. Everyone glanced at him briefly.
"Let me deal with him. We didn't get our Chunin exam fight all those years ago..." Sasuke continued.

Pain looked at him and then at Gaara.
"Don't take too long. Remember we won't be staying here forever." Pain said as Deidara molded a giant bird out of clay. Everyone but Sasuke hopped on. Gaara narrowed his eyes and glared at Sasuke.
"I suppose I must take you out first." Gaara muttered angrily. He knew exactly who the culprit behind the entire Uzumaki clan's misfortune was, and he was going to exact his vengeance on the Uchiha standing in front of him. He grit his teeth as the rest of the Akatsuki flew over him. He knew that the moment he turned to look at them, Sasuke would attack. Gaara jumped backwards to give himself some space, forming a small platform of sand beneath him and flew off, rising into the air to give himself an advantage against the Uchiha.

Sasuke grit his teeth. He closed his eyes for a second before he gathered his chakra into his right hand, his chakra visible and making a loud screeching noise. The chidori. The assassination technique taught to him by Kakashi.
"Hn." Sasuke muttered as he activated his sharingan and glared up at Gaara. Sasuke blinked and then disappeared in a burst of speed, reappearing right behind Gaara.
"Chidori!" Sasuke shouted as he plunged his hand through Gaara's back, his hand going through cleanly. Gaara didn't move for a second, and then his body turned into sand which flowed around Sasuke's hand, trapping him on top of the sand platform. Sasuke's eyes widened and he glanced up. A small eye made purely of sand was floating above, observing everything.

"Unfortunately, I'm not a fool." Gaara's voice was heard as the sand platform moved down to the ground. Sasuke watched as sand from all around him on the ground began to move towards one spot, slowly forming the body of the Kazekage.
"Sand coffin!" Gaara shouted as his body fully formed, clenching his fist tightly. Sasuke screamed as the sand crushed his right arm completely, and watched in fear and horror as his blood saturated the sand. He ripped what was left of his right arm out of the sand and took a step back. His foot didn't touch anything. Sasuke screamed again as he fell backwards into a giant hole, landing hard on his back. He coughed out. Sasuke glared at Gaara as he looked down at him in the hole. With his left hand, he grabbed a few shuriken and threw them at Gaara, but they were poor throws and they whizzed past him harmlessly. Gaara turned to look back at Sasuke, but then he heard the unmistakable sound of wire.

"SCREW YOU!" Gaara heard Sasuke shout as the wire wrapped around his body. His own sand didn't move fast enough to protect him because it wasn't warranted as a true attack or threat to him. Sasuke yanked on the wire, causing Gaara to fall down into the hole, and used the momentum of the movement on the wire to pull himself out of the hole. Grabbing his crushed right arm, Sasuke glared triumphantly at the downed Kazekage. Not for long. He heard someone land behind him and he turned around.
"Hello, foolish little brother." Itachi said. His Sharingan were blazing in anger, and he was wearing his Leaf Anbu uniform. Sasuke glared at him too.
"Fire style! Fireball jutsu!" Sasuke shouted as he quickly wove one handed seals. He shot a fire ball straight at Itachi, but Itachi merely burst into a myriad of crows before reforming himself. He dashed forward and grasped Sasuke's shirt and lifted him up off the ground. Sasuke struggled but he knew it was useless. Itachi was so much stronger than him. Itachi activated his Mangekyo Sharingan.
"Tsukuyomi."

Sasuke screamed as his world spun around him before turning red. He collapsed limply onto the ground as Itachi let him go.
"Gaara... we must stop the rest of the Akatsuki." Itachi said as he placed a chakra sealing tag over Sasuke's eyes and stood up. A moment later, several more Konoha ANBU appeared.
"Take him back to Konoha to await trial." Itachi commanded. He looked at the Kazekage.
"Let's go."

-----

There was a knock on the door. Takamatsu jumped to his feet.
"Uncle Gaara?" He muttered to himself as he plodded along to the front door. He opened it.
"Uncle Gaara!" He said happily as he looked up at him adoringly. "Uncle Gaara?" He asked as Gaara made no moves. The Gaara in front of Takamatsu shimmered slightly before it disappeared. In his place, stood numerous black cloaked ninja with white lined red clouds adorning their cloaks. Takamatsu shrank back from the door. A long black haired ninja stepped forward. His ghostly white skin, with the purple markings down the sides of his nose and his yellow eyes froze him. He was petrified. He couldn't move.
"Come..." He almost hissed, much like that of a snake.

"Grand Sand Mausoleum!" Gaara shouted from above. The Akatsuki all turned to look up. Gaara raised his arms and the sand around them began to move rapidly, surrounding them all and forming the shape of a pyramid. Gaara watched as the sand completely encased the group. Before it all exploded, the sand being forced away in all directions with such incredible power that even Gaara had to shield his eyes for a moment. The one by Takamatsu turned to look at the Kazekage.
"So that's Orochimaru... the one who killed my father..." Gaara muttered as he moved his arm again. Orochimaru drew a kunai from within his cloak and jumped towards Gaara. Gaara used some of the sand from his platform to form a hand and using it, grabbed Orochimaru.
"Sand Coffin!" Gaara shouted as he crushed the body with his sand. There was a sickening scream and a crunch which could be heard from within the sand. Gaara released the sand after a second, and watched as the body dropped to the ground.

"That is one down. Step away from Takomatsu now." Gaara said as he faced the remaining Akatsuki. They didn't move an inch. Gaara took a step closer, but stopped when he noticed that Orochimaru's body was moving. Orochimaru's mouth was being pushed open by two hands inside it. Gaara watched in horror as from within the mouth, Orochimaru reappeared. He stepped out of his old body like it had been nothing. Gaara involuntarily took a step back.
"My condolences, Kazekage, but you are currently in the way." Orochimaru said as his head shot forward with blinding speed. Gaara couldn't react in time and he felt teeth bite down onto his neck, with something hot being injected into him.
"This is a paralysis poison developed from the First Hokage's cellsssss..." Orochimaru told him. Gaara tried to move but found that he couldn't. Orochimaru turned and walked back to Takomatsu.
"Be a good boy and come along or you will watch as we kill your uncle." Orochimaru said harshly. Takomatsu nodded fearfully as he gazed at the paralyzed Gaara.

"I'm afraid you won't be leaving with that boy." Came a new voice. There was a chorus of replies. Orochimaru took a look around them before his gaze settled on the one who had spoken, a deep glaring hatred emanating from his eyes.
"Itachi..." Orochimaru spat out. Finally, the orange haired leader stepped forward. His Rinnegan shone brightly as he looked around him.
"Stand down and we might just let you live." He commanded, as he faced down the Uchiha and the other Leaf ninja with him.