18

#PrayForLondon
My heart goes out to all those affected by the recent terror attacks... I hope your loved ones are safe and if they have departed, then my deepest condolences to you.

Karin awoke to the bright sun. She could feel Kiba's chest move as he slept, breathing gently. Karin took in the sight of the shirtless Kiba, now fully visible to her in the sunlight. Then she remembered. Naruto was going to would come and wake her up in 10 minutes, especially because it was already past 9. She was supposed to be up almost half and hour ago. She panicked, knowing that Naruto would react upon seeing Kiba in her bed, and that it wouldn't be in such a positive manner. She gently slapped Kiba's cheeks.
"Kiba! Get up!" She demanded. Kiba's eyes shot open and took in Karin's urgent, desperate look.
"Kiba please get up!" Karin said again. Kiba gave her a cheeky grin.
"I'm already up." He said with a wink. Karin looked at him, nonplussed. It took a moment but then she realised what he meant and looked back, blushing bright red before she slapped him.
"Not in that way, idiot!" She shrieked, embarrassed that she was sitting on his chest, and she could see the tent in his boxers.
"Naruto's coming to wake me up!" She said frantically as even now, she could sense his chakra signature making it's way down the corridor to her room. Kiba's eyes widened and he sat up quickly, grabbing Karin tightly so that she wouldn't fall off because of his sudden movement. They moved quickly, Karin dressing herself in rapid succession, while Kiba picked up his shirt and pants and dove into Karin's closet, allowing Karin to close the closet's doors.

"Karin?" Naruto's voice sounded outside her door and Karin gulped.
"Yes?" She replied.
"It's time to go." The door opened and Naruto walked inside. Kiba took a step back, his heart pounding. The fact that he'd been sleeping in the same bed as Karin and then for Naruto to walk in, getting caught was the least of his problems. He'd probably be killed by Naruto, considering the strained relationship between the Leaf and Uzumaki, the only saving grace was that Tsunade, Naruto's grandmother, elected to stay as Hokage to honour her dead lover and brother's dream, as well as the third Hokage's legacy.
"Let's go, Naruto." Karin said politely, giving a slight nod of her head in deference to his position.

-----

"We are here." Naruto said as he arrived at the banquet hall. Everyone was seated minus Kiba.
"Where is Kiba?" Naruto asked. Karin's eyes widened.
"He wasn't in his room." Shikamaru answered.
"I think I saw him in the gardens." Karin said quickly. Naruto looked at Karin and frowned, before he nodded.
"Then we shall start without him." Naruto said. They began to eat, with Karin eating only half heartedly. She was still thinking about Kiba. And about Naruto's frown when she mentioned that he was outside in the gardens. Does he suspect? Karin thought as she glanced sideways at him. Naruto was eating and didn't look at her. Karin released a breath she didn't even know she was holding. She felt Kiba's chakra signature approach the doors and they opened, revealing a late Kiba. Everyone stared at him.
"Enjoy the garden?" Naruto asked. Kiba hesitated, seeing Karin nod before he answered.
"Yes." He replied. He got to his seat and sat down, beginning to eat slowly and politely. There was a silence before Naruto finished, standing up. Everyone stood up, and Naruto left, signalling his two bodyguards to go with him.
"Let's finish." Karin said to everyone. "We are about to witness something amazing." She said and everyone hurried to finish.

Once they were finished, Karin and Mito led everyone down the hallway to another room. The two bodyguards were standing outside the room, and they opened the double doors. In the middle of the room, sat the Prince. He was meditating, it seemed, perfectly still. The two bodyguards closed the doors behind the last of the guests. Tsunade gasped. She recognised the markings around Naruto's eyes. They were orange, but slowly turning gold.
"W-what is this? It looks so similar to Jiraiya and my grandfather's Sage mode." Tsunade told Mito.
"Just watch." She said. Suddenly, Mito dashed forward, throwing her cloak off, and signalling all the guards in the room. They dashed forward, each drawing out several shuriken. Stopping around 15 meters away from him, they threw the shuriken, each rapidly weaving hand seals.
"Shuriken shadow clone jutsu!" They shouted, multiplying the number of shuriken flying at him. At the last second, Naruto opened his eyes and the golden markings flood across his face and body, much like Tsunade's Byakugou. He held out his hand and the shuriken all stopped, before dropping to the ground in a clutter.