13

A note: as a writer, and also an avid reader, I respect every and all opinion no matter how against it I am. Of course I may express my distaste or displeasure, but I would prefer not to delete threads, especially because I feel it's disrespectful to remove someone's thoughts or opinions because I don't like it. So please keep your conversations in moderation, thanks. That's all I ask. I don't mind them, but just don't go off the beaten track. Also, I ask that each and everyone of you respect each other's opinions too. It will make the comments section a much better place. I don't want people to feel like they'll be attacked if they voice their thoughts. I know it's not you guys, but just bear it in mind. Lately I've just been seeing so much hate in comments sections everywhere, not just in Wattpad (although I do see a lot in some of the stories I read), but on YouTube, etc. We are all human, and at the end of the day, we should all respect each other. I just don't want to see the Wattpad community turn into one like YouTube, where the content creators get hate comments or dislikes or whatever if they do stuff that some people don't like. It really saddens me to see all those comments on YouTube, and I really hope that Wattpad continues to stay as a positive, large community where people with a love of writing and/or reading bond together.

Temari stood and faced the lazy shadow user. Genma looked at the two.
"Begin!" Shikamaru immediately used his Rat hand seal and his shadow began to elongate, stretching and rushing forward to meet Temari. She smirked.
"Still the same old tricks!" She shouted and jumped backwards, continuing to move backwards until Shikamaru's shadow had been stretched to its thinnest. She drew a line in the ground with her fan and smirked.
"That's as far as you can stretch your shadow. I'm at an advantage here."

Up in the stands, Naruto nodded approvingly. Only to catch a glimpse of Lady Mito winking at him. Karin also elbowed him, much to his embarrassment.

-----

The group of shinobi stood quietly, waiting for a good chance. The head of the group grit his teeth and waited. His one eye staring out into the dark tunnel. Slowly, but surely, footsteps could be heard.
"Kakuzu and Hidan." Danzo noted. The ROOT shinobi all stared in shock at their leader.
"Danzo." A third figure stepped out. It was Kisame Hoshigaki, right behind the 'zombie combo'.
"Danzo Sama!?" One of the ROOT ninja spoke out.
"Hopefully Jashin will be happy with these sacrifices, Hidan so don't go complaining about your religion." Kakuzu said as Hidan eyed the ROOT shinobi. Danzo turned. Taking off his elder robes, he revealed to the shocked ROOT members his own akatsuki cloak.
"Jashin will definitely be pleased!" Hidan shouted out in sadistic glee as he leapt into the group, slaughtering them left and right with no regard. Danzo, Kakuzu and Kisame simply watched.
"That's cold, Danzo..." Kisame said with a small grin. "Sacrificing your own men without even blinking an eye." Danzo turned an eye to his akatsuki partner.
"The same could be said for you." He replied. Kisame's smile grew wider, revealing more pointy teeth.
"Is it ready?" Kakuzu said impatiently.
"Yes. The exams are currently ongoing, and furthermore, I've manipulated the civilian council members into thinking that he needs to be killed. They have no idea what our real goal is." The three akatsuki stood by, watching as Hidan killed the last ROOT Ninja and offered up a prayer to Jashin.
"Let's go." Danzo said as he led the three akatsuki further into the ROOT compound.

-----

Temari froze in horror when she realised she couldn't move.
"What!?" She almost shouted out as Shikamaru kindly let her turn her head around to see a shadow connecting from the wall behind her to her own.
"Since when!?" She asked. Shikamaru gave her a lazy grin.
"Didn't you find it odd that the shadow length decreased on my side of the wall as the sun continued to move? If anything it should be longer. I simply used the wall's shadow to lengthen my own one and forced it to attach to yours from behind so you wouldn't notice." Shikamaru walked forward and Temari had no choice but to do the same.
"Proctor. I forfeit." Shikamaru said, and everyone was immediately on their feet, shocked.
"What!?" Temari shouted again. She couldn't even begin to believe this guy.
"I'm out of chakra, and that's a drag, because I've already planned the next 200 moves." Shikamaru said and released his shadow, walking back to the competitors box. A confused Temari followed behind.