Chapter 7

After you'd waited an extra 20 minutes or Nova to put her fake eyelashes on, all four of you made your way out of the small apartment.

You weren't really accustom to night clubs, but thanks to Nova's delay you were able to put a bit of make up on, making you feel more comfortable in your own skin.

You were talking and walking along the street when it hit you that you didn't even know where you were going.

'So, where exactly is this place?' you asked Nova, she was the other side of the line which the four of you had subconsciously made. You saw her head pop out of line to talk to you.

'Not far, just 5 minutes up the road actually' she replied quickly and continued to mumble a conversation with Jesse.

Apart from the incoherent drone of Nova and Jesse's conversation, silence fell across the group. Out of habit, you took out your phone to see that the number from before had replied to your earlier text.

Unknown Number: I think you know who I am

You were now more confused than before as you typed out a brief response, weirdly enough you liked the excitement of not knowing who this person was.

'Everything okay?' You heard a voice say, you looked up from your phone to see that you'd somehow fallen back from the group.

Nova and Jesse were quite far in front of you but Jack was walking next to you.

'Yeah, why?' you ask Jack, he looked a bit concerned about you. 'You just seem to be somewhere else, it isn't me is it?'

It took you a moment to realise that he meant him walking in on you changing 'Of course not, don't be stupid!' you laughed, slightly punching his arm.

Lucky, you arrived at the club so Jack didn't have to feel uncomfortable anymore. You all paid your money and walked in.

'There's not many people here' Nova stated, sounding disappointed.

'Well, what do you expect? It's Monday night!' you laughed at her.

You glanced around the club while you all walked to the bar, it didn't look too bad, for a club that was so close to a University that is.

When you got to the bar you ordered your drink and got your money out to pay, but Jack put his hand over yours, covering the notes.

'I've got it' he said plainly, you went to protest but he interrupted you 'As an apology for earlier' he continued.

Why was it such a big deal for him to have walked in on you getting dressed?

You simply nodded and thanked him.

The night went on and more people began to enter the club, it wasn't crowded but it was enough to get lost if you were really really drunk.

You were on your 4th drink, curtsy of Jack. You'd told him one was enough but he wouldn't take no for an answer.

Although, you'd been able to actually talk to Jesse and he was nice, a bit shy but nice.

Nova tapped you on the shoulder after breaking her conversation with Jack and leaned in to whisper in your ear.

'I need to pee, come with' she shouted at your eardrum, you held it in pain but nodded.