Chapter 8

As Jack dragged you closer and closer towards Mr Fischbach, your heart started to race.

That's when you saw her sitting next to him, that same teacher he was with in his office.

You began to get angry, you didn't care whether or not he saw you anymore. You were here to have fun with Jack, who had done nothing but be sweet to you the whole night.

You took Jack's hand and began to sway to the beat of the music, you weren't going to think about him anymore.

Surely there were too many people here for him to spot you. If there was something going on between him and that woman, why was he texting you while he was out with her?

Animals by Maroon 5 came on and you started to feel that shot kick in.

'Hey, Jack?' You shouted over the music to get his attention.

He looked up at you to show he was listening 'What was in that shot?' you asked.

'Absinthe' he said, flatly. Your eyes widened.

'Absinthe?' You repeated, he just nodded again like it was no big deal.

You would have normally flipped your shit at this, if you weren't really feeling the affects of the amount of alcohol you'd had.

You shrugged it off and secretly vowed to yourself that you wouldn't drink anymore that night, even though it didn't really matter, you were already borderline tipsy-drunk.

The dance floor quickly became more crowded by a group of girls who were practically wearing a skirt as a belt.

They kept looking Jack up and down and giggling between themselves. Jack looked rather uncomfortable at the unwanted attention. You got protective over him.

'Ignore them' you shouted over the music and into Jack's ear, kind of in the same way that Nova had done to you earlier.

'I'm more concerned about their health' Jack laughed, you glanced back over to the girls just as one of them attempted to slut drop but ended up landing on her arse, quite literally.

Jack and you burst into laughter at the girl, which got their attention.

You pretended not to see them and remembered your friends that you'd left at the bar, that's when you noticed that you couldn't see them. The club had gotten that crowded.

'Where's Nova and Jesse?' You asked Jack, he shrugged his shoulders and leaned in to you.

'Probably banging somewhere' he said, you snorted at the tone in his voice, he seemed as done with his friends antics as you were.

You agreed with him but became concerned, you knew Nova could be reckless.

'Maybe we should find them, it's getting late' you pointing out, looking at the time on your phone.

That's when you saw another text from the 'unknown number', you looked up to see where Mr Fischbach was sitting. He'd gone.

'Yeah, I'll go check the bathroom for Jesse then outside. Stay where I can find you please' Jack said with a worried look on his face.

You gave him a hug to let him know you'd be okay before he left.

You turned your attention back to your phone.

Unknown Number: Have you figured it out yet?

You smiled to yourself before replying.

You: No idea, give me a clue