Chapter 17

Staying as silent as you possibly could, the two of you held your breath to listen to the person that could change your lives forever.

You listened for everything, anything that could help you figure out where they were.

All the while, you and Mark never broke eye contact. You could see the fear in his eyes.

You could hear footsteps walking around outside the door.

You tapped Mark's hand, signalling him to put you down. He lifted you off of him, which made you whimper, then put you back on the floor.

Ever so slowly, you pulled up your underwear and realigned your skirt, never letting out a single breath just in case the anonymous figure had hyper sensitive hearing.

'Mark?' the voice called out again, making you look over to him.

He had frozen to his spot again, he had pulled his underwear up but his suit trousers were only just above his knee.

That's when you hear it, the sound of feet - going from a light pitter-patter to a stomp as they got closer and closer to the door that hid you both.

He handle started to slowly turn, you caught your breath. Mark pulled his trousers up quickly and stood behind a table that was in the centre of the room.

The door creaked opened as you pushed your back up against the same wall that the door was on.

There was shelving with numerous stacks of books and papers on it, hopefully they would hide you.

The door fully opened.

'Oh there you are' the voice, which you could tell was female, said.

'Can I help you?' Mark said, trying to sound casual but you could tell he was out of breath.

'I was wondering if you wanted to go out for coffee later, considering you didn't have time the other day?' She asked, she moved around the room so she had her back to you.

You could see that Mark's trousers were undone from where you were, if she walks just a couple of inches to the left then she will see too.

'Oh, uh, today?' Mark stuttered, he looked at his watch in desperation.

'I can't today, I have a faculty meeting' he lied, there was silence.

Then the woman moved, she was going to see.

'I'll give you my number then you ca- what are you doing?' she asked almost in disgust and a laugh.

'I was getting changed' Mark said with an embarrassed tone.

'I spilt coffee down my trousers so I had to change them, lucky I always bring a spare' he half-heartedly laughed.

'Oh sorry, here's my number' she handed him a bit of paper, as she did she came into view. It was that bitch from last time, although she'd dyed her hair blonde now. (a/n: this is not Amy, I don't write any real life girlfriends into stories because it's weird, so stop telling me it's Amy)

Well, you say blonde but it was more of a yellow.

'Thanks' Mark said, taking the paper, you couldn't help but feel a surge of jealously rush through you.

You wanted to step out from the shadows and give her a piece of your mind. Who was she? Who did she think she was?

You felt your phone vibrate in your pocket, you instantly stopped being angry and started to panic.

Almost in slow motion the woman started to turn around to your direction.

'I'll give you a call later' Mark blurted out, getting her attention. She turned back around to face him, never seeing you.

'Okay, I'll let you get changed. Talk later Markimoo' she chirped, the anger was back.

You watched as she walked out the cupboard door.

You stepped out from your hiding place as Mark rested his head on the table with his arms down, finally relaxing.

You just stared at him, you didn't know what to feel, you were angry that he'd taken her number but also upset that your first time with him had taken such a dramatic turn.

He looked up at you smiling, as soon as he saw your facial expression his smile dropped.

'Y/N?' he asked, you just turned away from him.

'You know I only took it to stop us from getting caught, right?' he said again, this time it was more in a hushed tone.

'Yeah, right' you murmured, exiting the cupboard.

You heard a jingle of a belt and then footsteps following you into the classroom.

You tried to pick up your backpack but Mark put his foot on it.

'What is it that you don't understand?' he asked you, he seemed angry but his face was so soft and apologetic.

'Why you like me. I don't understand why you chose me' you finally said 'You could have any teacher or student you wanted but you chose me, why?' you said never making eye contact with him.

'I don't know' he said, you huffed and forced your bag out from under his foot and began to walk out of the room.

Before you could leave he grabbed your wrist 'You're different. I know that sounds cliche but you are, you're a challenge to me and I like it' he finished.

'A challenge?' you asked, not quite getting it.

'Yeah, you play hard to get and you're as smart as me' he smiled.

'Is that all this is about? Sex' you pulled your arm away from his grip, before he could say anything you stormed out of the room. Only leaving him with a cold:

'See you in class, Sir.'