Chapter 28

You knew you were going to have to tell him, but you just couldn't bring yourself to do it.

It would destroy him, and his career.

You'd both watched Nova leave shortly after she had left her room, the atmosphere was still tense while you sat down and drank your coffee together.

Every now and then Mark glanced at your hand, you knew he wanted to ask more questions about it so you set your cup down and looked him in the eye.

"I punched a wall" you bluntly said, he almost choked on his coffee "You did what?" he asked in shock, you went to repeat yourself but he cut you off "Why?". You sighed.

"I was frustrated, I have a lot going on right now and I didn't sleep last night an-" he cut you off again "You know you can always talk to me" he said, putting his hand over your good hand.

"Not about everything I can't" you muttered, "You can talk to be about anything, at any time" he repeated himself. You moved your hand out from under his to pick up your coffee again.

You took a sip before replying "There's just some things you're better off not knowing", he looked at you strangely "What do you mean?" he asked, this time you put your hand over his "Don't worry about it, if I gets worse, I'll tell you okay?" he simply nodded at you but you could tell he wasn't pleased with your silence.

You finished up your coffees, only stopping for brief chitter chatter every now and then. You looked up at the clock as you put your cup in the sink.

"I better get dressed" you said out loud as you hobbled to your room, "Do you need a hand?" Mark asked, you laughed slightly at his boldness. 

"You cheeky sod!" you said, slapping his arm, "I'm sure I can manage" you reassured him. He smiled to himself, probably because he made you laugh, and said "Seriously though, do you need any help?".

You looked at him sternly "What did I say about babying me?", he put his hands up in defense, "Okay, okay, I'll just watch" he grinned at you.

He was so sweet and kind, he always tried to make you laugh. You wondered how you could keep something from him, it wasn't a major concern right now but it could become a problem very soon.

I should tell him now before it gets worse.

"Mark.." you started to say but stopped yourself. No, it'll just worry him.

"Hmm?" he hummed, looking up at you. You just shook your head at him and walked into your room before you could say anything.

It took you ages to get dressed, mainly because you had to hold onto everything and anything in order to keep your balance. Your body's temptation to make your face high five the floor was too great.

Eventually you emerged from your room, still only using one crutch. You'd decided to wear black skinny jeans that had slits in them, this was so your stitches would poke through the hole and not get pulled by the fabric.

"Can I drive you to class?" Mark asked as soon as your eyes met his. You were taken aback by his request, people would definitely suspect something then.

You opened your mouth to question him, but as though he read your mind he said "I've been given the 'Okay' from the University's Student Committee".

"How did you get them to agree to that?" you asked, completely shocked at how much power he had over the University without them even knowing.

"You came up in conversation in the last meeting and they suggested that you were either given home tutoring by Miss Johnson-" you cut him off by making a slight growl sound in your throat to show your distaste for her.

"Exactly, I know how you feel about her so I said that someone could bring you to and from lesson and considering I'm your only teacher" he started to ramble "Well, you get the message" he chuckled.

"So no one will make a comment or complaint about it?" you asked, your mind drifted straight to Nova.

"Not a soul, and if they do then it'll be pushed aside" he grinned.