Chapter 56

To say you had been sleeping like shit was an understatement. Every night consisted of either crying silent tears into your pillow while reading through old text messages, or just staring blankly at the plain wall of your room until your eyes dried out enough to force you to sleep. 

It had been a week, only one week, since that night at Mark's house. Even thinking about his name made your chest hurt, it felt as though there was a literal hole in your chest that only existed when you thought about it. And when you thought about it, it hurt.

It was starting to get easier, you had to admit that to yourself at least - you thought it was more that you were getting used to the pain instead of the pain going away. Luckily, there had been no classes running, so at least you didn't have to see him in the flesh at the moment. But today was Sunday, and tomorrow you had a 9am lecture, not just a lecture but an exam too.

Obviously, revision was out of the window, Hell you barely even knew what was going to come up, it was a multiple choice test so you could try and wing it.

He hadn't text you, or called, and you thought that's what hurt the most. Even though you would probably be saying that if he had called or texted you.

The only time you would have any contact from him, was the update emails that he sent to everyone on your course to remind them about the exam, essay deadlines and other school related things. You had a feeling he wasn't doing too well either though, his emails used to be full of fun and jokes, they were never formal, always starting with a "Hey gang" or "Wassup class", now they were straight and to the point.

Your class group chat were speculating, as you thought they would. 'Anyone notice something's up with Mr. Fischbach?' one of the girls from your class had texted once. Everyone else seemed to not realise or asked what she meant, but she had taken note of the blandness of his emails too. They'd come to the conclusion that it was 'Family problems'. One had gotten close, saying 'Maybe his girlfriend broke up with him', that had made you cry for an extra twenty minutes than you had originally scheduled for.

Although the other girls had stated that they knew he was single, you weren't too sure what that had meant or how they 'knew' that for fact, but they swore blind that it was the case. Apparently it had something to do with stalking his Facebook profile and it said single on there, so the case was closed. Like that was cold hard evidence.

The silver lining, if there was, was that you'd managed to write the majority of your final year essay. All the nights that kept you up had turned into at least trying to spend your time efficiently. You still needed to proof read it and add in some additional references, but you were basically all done, the fear was now handing it in.

Your alarm bleeped, time to get up. It felt as though it was still 7pm, but you must have spent all night phasing in and out of sleep because your body ached and groaned like you hadn't slept at all.

Opening up your closet, you were planning on wearing whatever fell out at you first, you didn't care too much about being fashionable and you definitely didn't feel up for trying to look cute. 'What if he does the same?' you thought to yourself. What if Mark turns up to teach wearing really run down clothes, and you do the same, then people will put two and two together.

You may be over thinking this, but you had to act like everything was okay. Sure, the people in your class were no Sherlock Holmes; you could tell that from the fact they thought Facebook was a valuable source of information. But there was that nagging feeling at the back of your head that screamed 'You need to be careful'.

Glancing over to the clock, you noticed that it was only 6:12am, you had plenty of time to get ready, so you may as well take care of yourself. That would be the first step of healing your wounds. You showered, wore a somewhat cute outfit, and decided to make some breakfast so you could take your medication.