Chapter One: The First Day

Chapter 1: The First Day

Aesha's POV

"Guys, it's okay, really. It's too cold if you sit here." I protested.

"We're your best friends, Aesha. It's okay. We'll sit here." Kennedy said, while she and Brent took their seats across from me.

"As long as you don't freeze our lunch." Brent said, eyeing his food carefully.

I laughed. "Of course not." Kennedy had a smile on her face, too.

"But," I sighed. "It's Autumn...and cold. You know me when it's cold."

Kennedy spoke up. "Exactly. You're all cheery and giddy when the season's cold."

"What she said." Brent agreed.

I just shrugged. "Well then, it's not gonna be my fault if you get hypothermia, or something."

Sky blue light glowed in my fist. I tried hard to extinguish it.

"It's uncontrollable in Autumn and Winter." I whispered.

"Don't worry about it Aesha. Just relax." Kennedy assured me.

*******

Everyday, I'd dress as if I didn't feel the cold winds, as if everyday's a warm one. Like today, it's a little cold outside and I'm dressed in white tights with a simple yellow t-shirt. I added a white top (which I really didn't need).

Yes, I didn't mind the cold. Ever. Put me in the middle of Antarctica in a tank top and short shorts, I don't care. I love it.

But on the other hand, the heat pains me. It burns so much.

So Autumn and Winter are the best seasons for me.

Sitting with two of my best friends here in the cafeteria was worrying me. What if I freeze them? What if my powers go crazy?

But they really insisted.

"I'm still worried guys." I panicked.

"We know you, Aesha. You trained yourself well." Brent said, his fork halfway to his mouth.

I ran my hand through my light brown hair. "I don't know...."

Kennedy shrugged. "As long as your eyes are brown, not blue, then it's fine."

They looked a little uncomfortable. Brent rolled down the his jacket sleeves and Kennedy reached for her sweater. I gave them an apologetic face. "Sorry." I whispered.

I can't blame them. It's the 1st week of November and it's getting colder and colder everyday. So am I.

Kennedy pointed to the center table. "Hey, what's up over there?"

Most of the students in the cafeteria were crowded around the center table which is also known as the popular table.

They were crowded around one guy. One popular guy. He was talking and they seemed to be attracted to him. This was not like any normal school day.

"Isn't that Cole Rogenson?" Brent guessed.

I nodded. "Cylene's younger brother."

"Why is everybody around him? That's weird." Kennedy said.

I couldn't agree more. When I met Cole- or known about him- there seems to be something weird about him. Yeah, he's the most popular student in our year, along with his girlfriend, Willow Thompson but I just naturally hated him. I never known him that well but I bet he's a big jerk.