Chapter Nine: The Park

Chapter Nine: The Park

 Aesha's POV

I rushed into school, looking around. I felt really guilty about what happened with Cole and I in the cave. I just got so pissed off because it was my favorite place in the whole world, and he turned it into a fire cave.

I wasn't usually this angry, except for summertime and springtime. But it's done. I accidentally gave away my powers. Cylene's gonna flip.

I searched around, I looked for Cole. 

Kennedy tapped me on the shoulder. "Hey, Aesha. What are you looking for....?"

"Hey, Ken. Do you have any idea where Cole is?" I asked.

Her eyes narrowed behind her glasses. "Why are you looking for him?" 

"I,um," I stuttered. She definitely does not have to know about Cole and I. "It's really important, okay? I'll explain later. So now, do you know where he is."

Kennedy peered behind me. "Is that him?" I looked behind me and sure enough, Cole was there, busy with his locker.

"I have to talk to him now, so....bye!" I said to Kennedy and rushed towards Cole.

I took a deep breath and tapped his arm. "Um, Cole?"

He faced me with a serious expression. This was clearly not the time for him to be teasing and arrogant. 

"What, Aesha? You're going to freeze my head?" Cole said.

I rubbed my arm. "I just.....want to.....a-apologize."

He did not answer. 

"I'm really sorry. I just lost it. I'm just pissed off at the heat, you know? I-I kinda knew about your powers and I tried to hide mine. I'm really really sorry." I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and kept my gaze down.

"It's fine." He said coolly.

I looked up at him. "I guess I'll see you." He said.

He started to walk away but this time, stopped him. "W-Wait!" I called out.

He seemed annoyed. "What?!" He said.

"Aren't you...um...going to apologize?" I asked.

He narrowed his eyes. "What do I have to apologize for?"

"Uh, that you ruined the most important place to me and you're a jerk?" 

"Hey!" Willow butted in the conversation. "Hey, babe." She kissed Cole's cheek.

"What are you doing here?" Willow asked me.

"I was just...talking to Cole." I'm not really in the mood to be sassy right now.

Willow stepped forward, while I backed up. "You stay away, from him," She raised a hand to slap me but Cole stopped her.

"Willow," he said, "Stop." Then he dragged her away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I rested my chin on my hand and stared absentmindedly at the center table-where Cole was. Saving me? That was something I didn't expect him to do. I know, it was no big deal, but still.

"Ice girl." Brent snapped me out of my thoughts. Again.

"What?" I asked. My best friends were staring at me.

Brent smirked. "You, happen to be staring at Cole over there." He said.

I blushed. "What? It isn't what it looks like!"