Chapter Nineteen: The Letter

Cole's POV

 I can’t believe I just lost her like that. I can’t believe she actually…

Ran away.

I wouldn’t blame her, though because she lost me, she lost her friend, her siblings were fighting and now she hurt her sister. I couldn’t imagine the guilt and hurt she’s experiencing right now. But why would she leave me?

Oh, right. She was mad at me.

Could I be the reason why she left? I think I was. I hated myself for that. Even though I wanted to, I just couldn’t hold a grudge on Aesha. I love her too much for that. I just wanted her to come back to me and confess her undying love for me.

That letter…I guess that letter hurt her more than she already was. Now she has to make us suffer by looking for her and, of course, that’s a hard thing to do.

“Option one,” Kennedy said, “Aesha told me you can sense each other in some way. Something about your powers.” Their heads snapped at my direction.

I shook my head, “Nope. It’s her season so she’s the one who can sense me. We have to wait until spring until I can track her down.”

“Option two,” Kennedy continued, “Call the police.”

Cylene frowned at that, “We shouldn’t. They won’t be any help at all.” Kennedy nodded in understanding.

“Okay, how about you track her phone down?” Cylene suggested. But Kennedy sighed, “I’ve tried but it didn’t work.”

I buried my head in my hands, “It’s all my fault. If I haven’t got mad at her, she wouldn’t have left.”

Cylene sat beside me and squeezed my shoulder, “It’s all our fault, Cole. We all did something to upset her.”

“Yep,” Kennedy whispered.

“But how? How do we get her back?” I asked.

“We’ll have to wait for spring. Which is in one month.” Cylene said.

Kennedy frowned, “No, Cy. We have to go look for her right now.”

“It’s useless! Look, I know Aesha. She’s strong and she won’t let anything bad happen to her. I trust her not to do something stupid. I’m sure she’ll come back soon. Right now, we should just stop worrying about it and just continue our lives.”

I didn’t say anything. Neither did Kennedy. But I’m pretty sure she’s itching to protest. Aesha’s her best friend and she understood her. I can relate because Aesha’s the only girl I really loved.

I knew Cylene didn’t want to push into looking for her ourselves. My sister had a tough life before, and she kind of understood Aesha. Aesha needed a long time to be alone.

“I’m leaving.” Cylene headed out the door.

After we went to Aesha’s house, we fetched Kennedy from there and went back to our house. She read the letter out loud and I was sure it upset Aesha real bad. Kennedy said she didn’t pack anything or brought some food whatsoever. She just went away on her own.

Please let this all be a dream. I don’t want to lose her…

Kennedy threw her head back and stared at the ceiling, “What’s wrong with her?”

“She knows Aesha will be alright,” I said, “I hope she is.”

“Of all the people she should be really worried of Aesha,” she said.