Chapter Eleven: The.....Date?

Chapter Eleven: The....Date?

Cole's POV

I can't seem to forget last night. It was her season, and she was supposed to be mad at me. But she wasn't. She sacrificed time from her Early Winter to stay with me.

Me? I wasn't hurt of her powers. I mean, when she's there, I was kind of distracted from my pain.

Was it her making me comfortable or is she just turning the cold down? I'd bet on the first one.

Everytime she was near me, it was a whole new feeling. Who would've guessed we were so pissed of at each other before? Why did I even hate her before?

I was wrong to hate her before. Now, I wanted to spend every minute with her.

Did I just say that? Yeah, I guess I did.

Cylene snapped her fingers in front of my face. "Cole? Hey, Cole!" I snapped away from my thoughts. Okay, I was spacing out again.

"Wh-what?" I asked, confused.

Cylene rolled her eyes. "Are you even listening?! I said, I'm going to practice with the band. I'll be home late."

I chuckled softly. "Again, Cy, you sound like Mom."

"Just don't do anything stupid!" Cylene yelled, heading out the door. Why is she always bossing around?

I went to my bedroom to at least get warm a little. I sat on the floor, lighting floating flames around me. I kept my posture relaxed. Yeah, everything was just perfect.

The fires largened and grew until they tickled the ceiling.  I willed the flames to get down a little bit then I it was completely extinguished. I opened my eyes. Why would my powers go out in my room?

"Why can't you just work?!" I grumbled, trying to create just a spark. But winter is really near, so it has a big effect on my powers, obviously. I glanced outside the window and felt the chilly air.

If my powers won't work here in my home, then where? I don't have a freakin' cave or whatever like Aesha.

My powers hadn't gone away altogether, actually. If I would release enough force and tried all I can, I would probably make a large fire. But, believe me, with the season right now, I don't have the strength to do that.

Don't do anything stupid! Cylene's advice replayed in my mind.

I've done enough stupid things-including yesterday when I followed them to Early Winter-but this one could be the stupidest yet.

Maybe, it could be worth it, too.

~~~~~~~~~

I took a deep breath, checking again if this was the right house. Then, I knocked on the door. I was greeted by a familiar girl.

"Cole, what are you doing here?" she seemed surprised that I was here.

"Hey, Shaelon. Uh, is Aesha here?" I asked.

She narrowed her eyes, "Why are you looking for my sister?" I knew exactly why I was here: talk and hang out with Aesha, to make me feel better.

"I-I just need to-" I stammered, but Shaelon cut me off.

"Just go in."

I went in to be greeted by that coldness. I guess it was always like this in their house with Aesha and her powers.