Chapter Twenty Five: The Brother

Aesha’s POV

“Elsha! Wake up!” a loud voice echoed throughout my hotel room. I groaned and rolled over, facing the wall.

James came to my bed, shaking me to wake up, “Wake up!”

I groaned again, “What is it, James?”

He jumped up and down, clapping his hands like a child on Christmas morning. Gawd, could he be more annoying?!

I glanced at the clock beside my bed and realized it’s already quarter past ten. I sat up, rubbing my eyes, “It’s my birthday!” he exclaimed.

Oh, right.

Oh, damn.

Oh, freaking damn.

I don’t have a freaking gift!!!!! What the hell am I supposed to give him?!

“Happy birthday, Jamie.” I greeted.

“So where’s my gift?!” he asked enthusiastically.

I cursed in my mind. I forgot my own brother’s birthday!

“Not yet, Jamie.” I answered, annoyed.

“So,” he said, “Mom sad we’re going out for dinner tonight. A French dinner. And after that, I’m getting my gifts for my birthday from all of my relatives!”

I chuckled, “Okay, just let me take a shower and we can go explore more of Paris.”

He nodded and went out of my room.

I sighed and swung my legs at the edge of the bed. Sometimes I’m so stupid I forget things. One of them is my own brother’s birthday.

 As I stood up and went showering, I thought about the possible gifts I can give to him. 

Some kind of non-melting snowflake or ice figurine? A winter wonderland session, maybe? Or anything that involves my powers?

I decided to just think of something later. I’m sure something will pop up in my mind soon.

I put on a plain white t-shirt with an apricot colored top along with jeans and sneakers. I went out of the hotel room to go look for James. I found Mom not long after, in the restaurant area, where there was a buffet.

“Good morning, Aesha. You can choose any breakfast you want,” she greeted me with a smile. But I didn’t walk away yet.

“Hey, Mom,” I said. “Yes, Icy?” she asked, taking a sip of her cappuccino.

“What are you getting for James’ birthday?”

A smirk played on her lips, “You forgot to buy him a gift, did you?”

I nodded sheepishly. She sighed and shook her head, “I’m getting him that new Iphone he wished for.”

I gulped. I could either give him something ice and snow-related or something really expensive.

“I guess I need to squeeze ideas out of my brain,” I said. Mom chuckled, “Just go eat your breakfast, dear.”

I rushed towards the buffet. Fortunately, there was my favorite breakfast: not-so-hot flapjacks with maple and chocolate syrup drizzled on it along with ice cold coco. I went towards James, who was sitting in a nearby table, pigging out on his eggs and bacon.

“Hey, birthday boy,” I said, taking a seat. He flashed me a cocky grin and finished off his breakfast.

“So what do you want to do today?” James asked whilst I ate on my pancakes.