Chapter Twenty Three: The Dinner Party

Aesha’s POV

I felt my new phone vibrate in my pocket. There weren’t many contacts in there, just my parents’, my brother’s, a few of my new aunts, uncles, and grandparents and – of course – my lovely cousins.

“Hello?” I answered it.

“Aesha!” A voice shouted on the other line. I cringed a little because of the too loud volume. But I recognized the voice almost immediately.

“Valencia, what is it?” I asked patiently.

“Mom said there’s this concert in the mall and Jayrhie and I are going! Can you come with us, please? You can bring Jamie, too.” She said. James told me that the twins and their parents weren’t leaving until tomorrow and they wanted to explore a little bit of Las Vegas. Aaaaand they were sure pumped up about it.

“I’ll ask Mom, don’t worry. Say hi to Jayrhie for me.” I said.

“Okay, then. Text me back if you’re going or not. Bennie’s coming, too.” She informed.

My brows furrowed, “I thought Bennie and Ella already left for New York.”

“Oh, Ella left for home but Bennie was forced to stay here ‘coz his dad has some business to do here.” She explained.

I nodded my head even though she couldn’t see me, “Okay, I’ll text you.”

“Who was that?” James asked, flopping on the couch beside me.

I shrugged, “It’s just Valencia. She wanted to ask if we wanted to go to a concert at the mall.”

He groaned and threw his head back, “Please don’t make me go to that concert. I hate One Direction!”

I chuckled at him, “I’m just gonna ask Mom.”

I went to the kitchen to see Mom sitting by the counter, drinking a cup of coffee and watching the news.”

“What is it, icy?” she asked me, smiling whilst I took a seat on one of the stools.

“I was wondering if I can come to a concert with Jayrhie and Valencia at the mall.” I said.

She pouted, “Sorry, I need to help you get ready for a dinner party this evening.”

My eyebrow arched, “A dinner party? What for?”

“John and I are meeting a lot of rich businessmen in this fancy restaurant. I want you and James to come. They’ll be bringing their kids, too.” She replied.

Yesterday afternoon, mom and I went shopping for my new clothes and other things I need. We spent the whole afternoon there, picking out shirts, shorts, pants, shoes, any clothing item and also some makeup and jewelry.

“I’ll just wear one of the dresses we bought yesterday, no big deal.”

But Mom shook her head, “I saw an outfit you’ll like in a catalog last night. I was thinking of buying it for you to wear in the dinner party. And then we’ll get you all dolled up.”

I grabbed my phone and texted my cousin.

~~~~~~~~~~~

“Mom, this is where those clothes are?!” I stared at the huge building in front of me. According to Mom, this mall is a big stand-alone building for shopping every expensive item of clothing in Vegas.

She beamed at me, “Oh, come on, honey. We’re already swimming in money. Now come on.” She hooked her arm around mine and guided me inside.

The mall was freaking huge. Mom even told me half of the outfits here are designed by the most famous fashion designers in the world.

Ice and Snowजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें