Chapter Four: The Apology

Cole's POV

"I don't want ever again in my life to see you and Aesha fighting! Even the slightest argument...." Cylene scolded me, "Do you understand?!"

I took a deep breath. It's okay, Cole. It could've been worse. This wasn't like her tenth birthday. "Look, Cy, what is it with you? It was just a little insulting and complaints. Why are you so.....angry? It's not like we had-"

"Just shut your damn mouth and go to your room!" Cylene ordered.

I crossed my arms. "You're not my mom."

"COLE WALTER ROGENSON, GO TO YOUR ROOM RIGHT NOW!" She stomped her foot.

I cowardly followed and went to my room. Cylene rarely used my middle name. She reminded me of Mom whenever she was angry. In fact, she looked so much like her. The only difference is my sister's black hair (mom has brown hair) and her dark blue eyes (mom has pretty emerald green eyes).

Mom used to scold us a lot when we were little. She said Cylene 'influenced' me to be what I am right now. I didn't believe this, though. Cylene would teach me pranks and school stuff. She taught me to be a real teenager.

I flopped down on my bed. There was something about me and Aesha fighting that is pissing her off. I know my sister. She won't get this angry just because of a little tiny fight. But she would if it's Aesha and I fighting.

I remember her tenth birthday, when I was still eight years old. When her anger and hatred for our parents started to grow inside her.

The day before her birthday, she told me that she wanted her surprise party to be cool and awesome. I guess she imagined it like a teenager's party, like the one you see on TV or online. She even wanted to get her first shot of alcohol. She expected a lot since we were rich and wealthy.

But, of course, our parents threw the opposite of what she wanted. By the time she took off her blindfold, a princess themed party greeted her. Colored decorations hung in the rented ballroom. There was a large bright chandelier on the ceiling. Everything was red velvet, the walls and the floor. A long table stood on the sides with a complete line of food. Presents were piled up on one side. Classical music was in the air and lastly, Mom stood in front of her holding a pink sleeveless dress and a pink pair of high heels.

Cylene was so upset that she threw a huge tantrum and destroyed almost everything. She locked herself up in her room and wouldn't come out for 2 weeks. When she did, she didn't want to talk about the whole thing but she held a grudge on Mom and Dad.

Her anger did not decrease one bit when she turned twelve.

Cylene disappeared on the morning of her twelfth birthday. She came back at one in the morning with her newly black dyed hair with purple highlights. She bought loads of black clothes and all goth stuff. Mom said it was just a phase she had to undergo but it did not change.

Mom and Dad knew that there was no way to stop Cylene from influencing me. So they ignored us. Was that the reason why they always left? Because Cylene fought against them? 

Probably I'll have to spend my teenage life with someone who actually treated me right. Someone who understands me and my powers. She was the only one who knew.

Cylene.

~~~~~~~

I mixed everything in the plastic cup. The homeade caramel-mocha smoothie which I made myself and of course the secret ingredient : Chili.

I stuffed the cup into my bag and hopped on my motorcycle.

There was no way Cylene would allow me to apologize to her. She specifically told me not to go near her.  So this isn't a peace offering, whatsoever.