Chapter Twenty: The Rescue

Chapter Twenty: The Rescue

Cole’s POV

“What are you doing here?” Kennedy asked as I went up the table.

“What are you both doing here?” she asked, this time, glaring at Brent who came up beside me.

“Didn’t I tell you I’ll make it up to you?” Brent said, “I left the popular group, Ken. So let me sit here.”

Kennedy seemed annoyed by his answer but she let him sit anyway, then turned to me, expecting for an explanation. I shrugged, “I might as well sit with you guys. I don’t have anyone to go to.” She nodded and I sat beside Brent.

For the past few weeks, we decided not to talk about Aesha at all. We just continued with our normal lives. But I haven’t forgotten about her. Every single day, I’d hope for her to come back. Every day she’s stuck in my mind.

 I hope she’s not dead or hurt.

I'll kill myself if she's gone forever.

It's already the end of January now, and she's still hasn't returned. The snow was slowly melting I can feel myself getting stronger everyday. I was zoning out when Kennedy suddenly gasped.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Your hand is burning, man." Brent told me. I looked down and sure enough, my palm had a blazing flame on it. Good thing it was hidden under the table. I quickly put it out and bit my lip.

Well, well. The first fire after winter.

"Looks like your powers are back," Kennedy muttered. But I kept my gaze on my hand, as if it'll burn up anytime. And it might.

 I believe Aesha will come back soon. I just know it. Or else I would thrash the whole city just to find her. I don’t even think she’s in San Francisco anymore.

“Do you think you can look for her now?” Kennedy asked me, hope in her eyes. I understood she wanted to ignore what Cylene said and look for her even if it’s the last thing she does. She’s her best friend after all.

I shrugged, “It’s still the first fire. I’m not sure yet, it’ll still take a month.”

Kennedy mumbled something under her breath I couldn’t hear. Yeah, I was as desperate to find Aesha as her. I don’t know with Brent, but I’m really determined to find myAesha. Though, I needed to get on with my life.

And I can’t get on with my life without her.

Interrupting my thoughts, a she- devil came waltzing towards our table. She wore a flirtatious smile that was really creepy. Also, she had too much makeup on as if she’s going to apply for the circus, or something. Not to mention, she came to us acting like she’s the queen of the school.

Kennedy wrinkled her nose in disgust, “Piss off, Willow.”

She smiled innocent- like, causing me to roll my eyes, “I just want to get my Brent back.”

She glared at her, “Your Brent? Go screw yourself, Willow.”

But Willow just ignored her. She rolled her eyes and tugged Brent’s sleeve, “Come on, baby. I want my boyfriend back.”

I was sooo happy I dumped her for Aesha, even if Aesha friend zoned me. She can be too clingy.

Brent look as annoyed as the rest of us were, “You mean you want your ex-boyfriend back. No Willow, that’s not going to happen,”