Chapter Eighteen: The Mistake

Just a warning: this chapter might make you cry…..I’m sorry for this chapter. I warned you, okay? Don’t ever ignore my author notes. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

-Vireen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Eighteen: The Mistake

Aesha’s POV

“B-but….you’re lying.” He said, completely shocked as if he’d been slapped.

I shook my head, trying to keep up my acting skills, “I’m not, Cole. I’m sorry, but I just want us to be friends.”

He looked like he wanted to debate further.

And so he did.

“You said you were trying to hide your feelings. I can’t stand you doing that.” He moved closer to me, determined to make me admit my love for him. I wanted to, but I shouldn’t.

I bit my lip in guilt, “That time, I was lying.”

He was speechless so I continued, “I just wanted you to forgive me. I can’t risk you being mad at me.” That was really true because if we fought, it had a lot of consequences.

“I-I don’t want you to be upset, Cole but I just want to be honest with you. I’m telling you this because it’s better you find out now instead of hurting yourself loving a girl who doesn’t love you back. I’m sorry okay? But I don’t like you.”

His eyes clouded up with sadness and rejection. His jaw was clenched and his hands were balled up to fists. He thinks he’s the only one hurt? I can’t even believe I pushed myself to say that to him. I regretted it.

“That’s not true,” he spoke softly, “I know you like me Aesha.” He rested his forehead on mine.

“Just stop hurting yourself!” I yelled and stood up. If he walked away from me that day when we fought, then I’ll do it this time.

“Aesha, wait!” he started to chase after me but I splashed him with ice cold water. I deserved to hate myself, right.

I ran and ran tears flooding my eyes.

Worst.

Birthday.

Ever.

In.

My.

Entire.

Freaking.

Life.

I sat up on my bed, wiping off the tears rolling down on my cheeks. Every night since my birthday, the nightmare played inside my mind countless times. Cole and I haven’t spoken since. I’m willing to apologize…again but will he forgive me this time? Do I still have a chance with him?

I’m not going to call myself stupid for saying those things. It seems like he was the stupid one because he doesn’t see the damn reason why I don’t want to go out with him or be his little girlfriend.

I’m guessing with overprotective Cylene by his side, he never had enough experience of what will happen with his powers. But I knew the consequences and I knew the worst of my powers. Clearly he doesn’t and he just thinks about the two of us, not the people we could hurt.

I lay my head on the wet pillow again, wishing to get some sleep. But as soon as I closed my eyes, I hoped I didn’t get any sleep at all.

Damn you, life.