Those Feelings ( Special Chapter )

Those Feelings: Special Chapter

KENNEDY'S POV

I marched into the cafeteria, scanning the place. Today, I decided to wear my hair down since I was to depressed to fix it up today. I also wore the first thing I grabbed from my closet which was pretty much an old t-shirt, a hoodie and worn out jeans paired with my simple rubber shoes.

I avoided Aesha-not to mention Brent- because I wanted to be on my own. And it looks like my wish was granted again today. Through my black rimmed glasses, I can see that our usual table was empty. Brent was sitting with the popular group and so was Aesha, who was sitting beside Cole.

What? So my two best friends in the whole world were going to just leave me like that? Are they going to pretend that I didn't exist?

Fine, I can live with that.

I took one last look at the friends-or ex friends- of mine then left the cafeteria with my fists clenched.

There was nowhere I could go to. There was nobody I could go to. Unlike Aesha, who had Cole. She was lucky.

Well, why haven't I thought of this happening? Of course Brent would step up into the popular rank and so would Aesha. Nobody sees a flaw in them, nobody sees a reason why to not let them be one of the popular kids.

But me? Huh, I was just the nerd, nobody important.

Of course they would leave me out. What if Brent had a girlfriend? What if Cole and Aesha were dating? What if I would become that loner who just follows them around, hoping others would treat me like them?

Those were nightmares. And I'm surprised I wasn't crying yet.

I walked quietly through the hallway, clutching my books to my chest. I think I know the right place for me.

~~~~~~~~~~

I stepped right in the library. It was almost people-less and that's how I like it. I inhaled the sweet book scent (yes, they have a smell) and walked towards the tall bookshelves.

Tables and chairs were arranged neatly around the place. Bookshelves were gathered in different sides and so were the computers. The whole room was air-conditioned.

But I wasn't here to read.

I reached a little part of the library where it was completely deserted. I lay down my things on the floor and sat on the little corner. Nobody would disturb me here, for sure.

I hugged my knees and buried my head in them. Almost everyday I was happy but now? What the hell is wrong with me? I just wanted to curl up into a ball and sob my heart out.

"I hate it. I hate everything." I whispered to myself.

That's when I heard the hushed voices. I crawled quietly out of my hiding place and peered around. The place was empty except for several people gathered around.

I guess they were younger than me, around fifteen, I guess? They were pretty much around two people...

I stood up, silently and carefully hiding behind a bookshelf.