Chapter Twelve: The Warmth

Chapter Twelve: The Warmth

Aesha's POV

I was somehow happy this day. Wait, was it because of yesterday? 

As I woke up, that scene yesterday was the first thought that came into my mind. By the time Cylene picked me up, I was still blushing.

Why did Cole do that? Why was he so affectionateAlthough my mind was thinking of these questions, I can't help but like how much we were close. I tried hard to ignore the slight pain-slash-burn I was feeling when he pulled me closer. Yeah, it worked, it didn't hurt as much as it did before. We stayed like that for a few minutes until I pulled away and he took me home.

Why was I comfortable about that? Wasn't he hurt, too

One day he hated me, then now I was suddenly comfortable when he's around. But what's bothering me is that I liked and hated him at the same time.

What's wrong with me?

"Hey, ice girl, are you okay?" Cylene asked me.

I blinked, "What? Nothing's wrong."

She narrowed her eyes suspiciously, "You're smiling like a lunatic and blushing like a tomato."

I rolled my eyes and shrugged, "Cy, just shut up and drive. It's because of Autumn."

We pulled up in front of Kennedy's house. She lived  across from Brent, so there was no trouble picking them up.

"Hey guys," Kennedy was her usual 'giggly' self as she climbed into the backseat of the car. Brent arrived outside not soon after.

While riding to school, Kennedy tapped me on the shoulder, "So how was your date with fireboy yesterday?"

I froze.

"What?!" Cylene yelled.

"Kennedy!" I said to shush her, but she kept blabbing on.

"You didn't know, Cy? Shaelon told me while they were gone. Aesha and Cole went out."

Cylene looked at me, her eyes narrowing to slits along with her murderous look.

"Cy, we just hung out. We're not dating or whatever." I squeaked.

"Why? Why'd you go out with him?!" She shouted.

"I just...." I gulped.

"Guys, just cut it out. I'm sorry, Aesha, I thought Cylene knew. And Cy, they just went out, no big deal." Kennedy said.

Cylene took a deep breath and glued her eyes to the road. I didn't want to frustrate her, but I have to say, she was getting overdramatic about it. We just went out as friends. No big deal, she didn't have to act like a mom about it.

I know she's probably mad because we might hurt each other with our powers. But again, I wouldn't be so  worried about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What's wrong with Brent?" I asked my best friend. He's been texting away the whole car ride. When he got off the car, he wasn't paying attention to us. Now, on the hallway, he was talking to the popular guys-guys who used to beat him up in middle school.