Chapter Seven: The Fire Powers

ChapterSeven: The FirePowers.

Cole'sPOV

"Okay, now, we're partnering up with another class for today." Ms. Evans, my english teacher announced.

I sat on my desk, uninterested of anything. I kept my gaze downwards while softly drumming my fingers.

My encounter with Aesha yesterday wasn't that bad at all. I smirked, remembering her beet red face when I almost kissed her.

Yep, Cole, you can make any girl fall for you.

I looked up and noticed the students crowding around the door of the classroom.

"See, class, Mr. Prats' Home Econimcs room had some difficulties. And, um they'll be joining us today." Our teacher explained.

Now, another class was squeezed inside the room. The last one to go in was Mr. Prats himself. He clapped his hands together, "Okay, we can probably relate our lessons with theirs and make this thing easier."

Students were now scattering around the room hoping to get a vacant seat. I averted my gaze from them and stared at the opposite direction which was pretty much the window.

"Aesha, aren't you going to take a seat?" Mr. Prats said.

Wait, Aesha? I groaned internally. This class is about to ge tworse.

I shifted my eyes and sure enough, Aesha was there at the back of the room, blushing in embarrassment. She silently nodded her head and slipped into the empty seat next to mine.

~~~~~~~~~

"Mr. Prats and Ms. Evans to the principal's office, please." The principal's voice announced in the intercom.

We barely used 5 minutes of the class.

"Okay, class dismissed." Ms. Evans said absentmindedly while she and Mr. Prats headed out the door.

Finally, free english period before lunch.

Next to me, Aesha got up from her seat and slung her bag over her shoulder. I did the same and exited the room.

As I walked to my locker, I can sense a presence behind me. I looked around. The hall was empty except for.....

"You really like me don't you?" I smirked.

Aesha scowled at me. "Keep dreaming, Cole."

I crossed my arms. "Then why are you following me?"

She rolled her eyes. "I'm just heading the other way."

She turned and began to walk away. But I quickly grabbed her forearm. "You're always walking away cowardly, Aesha. If you have feelings for me then it'll be best to admit it now."

Aesha it her lip and took a deep breath. She turned to face me. "Look, Cole, I know that both of us don't want to see Cylene in a new level of rage and anger." She said coldly.

I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her closer. "That's what's keeping you from loving me? You're scared of Cylene?" I whisper-asked.

She pushed me away fiercely. "Get the hell away from me!" She instantly ran away from me just like yesterday.