Chapter Fifteen: The Suite

 Aesha’s POV

 I can feel someone shaking me, so I sat up, still sleepy. My brown eyes locked with black ones. Oh, damn.

“Cole?” I said.

He seemed annoyed, “We need to go down to the ground floor. They’re waiting there.” I let out a yawn. But my lips felt felt…hot and burning.

Oh my God, what happened!?

I quickly placed a finger on my lips feeling the warmth. Did he just kiss me when I was sleeping? Oh no, he didn’t.

“Have you been crying?” he asked. I realized my eyes were probably still puffy and red from crying.

I immediately wiped my tear-stained face, “N-no.”

“Are you going or not?” Cole asked impatiently, his arms crossed. “I’m going, I’m going,” I muttered, getting out of the bed. I trailed behind Cole as we walked down the hall.

“Where’s Cylene?” I asked suddenly.

“She’s not going,” Cole replied.

Cylene. So what, she’s just alone in their house during the Christmas season!? She doesn’t deserve that.

We went to the elevator and that day’s memories came flooding back to me. When he walked out of our ‘hanging out’. Though, it felt like a date, or something.

Just go on, apologize to him.

No! I can’t!

And why not?

Because…..because…

See? You don’t even know the reason! Just go!

It’s harder than you think!

I silently argued with myself in the elevator. It really pointless so I ended up saying nothing to him.

“Aesha, sweetie, just sit there,” Mom pointed to a vacant table when we got the fine dining area. Sean and Shaelon were sitting in another table, just quiet and busy with gadgets. From time to time, they would glare at each other.

I gulped and started playing with a loose thread on my peach white dress. Today, Mom forced me to wear this sleeveless dress with a little bow tie on the side of the waist area. I normally wore my hair down and clipped a bobby pin to put it in place.

And I didn’t notice blue light was emerging from my palm.

“Will you stop playing with your powers?” Cole hissed. I noticed he was just sitting across from me.

“Well, what am I supposed to do!?” I whisper-yelled.

“Eat,” he said in a ‘duh’ tone. “I’m not hungry,” I said softly.

I stood up from my seat and headed outside, where there was a garden – though the trees already lost their leaves and it was flooded with snow – and a frozen fountain. I walked over to the fountain and sat on the ledge.

I freakin’ hate this day.

“Aesha,” Cole walked out walked towards me.

My head snapped towards him, “What now? You’re not my babysitter!”

“Your mom told me to get you,” he said coldly.

“What if I don’t want to go with you?” I asked.