Chapter Twenty Two: The Cousins

Aesha’s POV

My jaw dropped to the ground as I opened the door to my new room. “This,” I said to my new brother, “This is my room?”

A king sized bed was placed on one corner. The walls were painted my favorite color, icy blue. Glass windows covered one area which made me see the full view of the city. The room also had a walk in closet, a mini refrigerator, air con (duh), a dresser, a comfy fuzzy carpet, a flat screen TV and the best gadgets, even a new phone on top of my bed.

“This. Is. Heaven.” I told James whilst leaping on my new bed, “I love my new life!”

He rolled his eyes at me and sat on the bed as well, “You better get used to it, Elsha.”

I admit, it was a little annoying when he gave me my nickname but now only a few minutes after that happened, I kind of like it already. I’m going to feel being a sister to a guy, feel the pain Cylene is going through with having a younger brother.

“Don’t you have somewhere to go to? How about school?” I asked him.

He shrugged, “I’m homeschooled and it’s Saturday today. I don’t usually go out. The parents don’t allow me except for business and all. They always force me to ‘interact’ with their business partners’ kids.” He used air quotes for the word ‘interact’.

That reminded me of Cole.

“That’s totally unfair!” I screamed, “You need to get out more!”

He crossed his arms and leaned back on the wall, “You’ll get used to it. We’ll be seeing each other a lot then. I was so excited when Mom introduced you to me. Despite her blabbing about you, I looked forward to having a sister to keep me company.”

I smiled sincerely at him but didn’t say anything.

He smirked mischievously, “So let me hear your life story.”

I tensed up. He wants to hear my sob story? How I committed so many mistakes? When I got broken hearted? Damn, what kind of brother you are?

I shifted uncomfortably in my bed, “I’m not sure if you’ll be alright with listening to my suffering. I might end up flooding the building with my tears.”

“I don’t mind you crying,” he said.

I stared at him flatly then I started telling him the story, beginning from when I met Kennedy.

Then I reached the part when I met Cylene, “At the starting of high school, we found out about this band called the Purple Angels in our school. The three of us loved their music and pretty much considered ourselves their number one fans. One day, the student council announced that they didn’t want the band to have jams at school. We were the first to protest, and luckily the council decided to take off the rule. This one guitarist in the band, Cylene Rogenson, she liked us instantly and we became great friends. She’s actually eighteen now.”

I told him one of the biggest things that happened in my life: my friends discovering my powers. “See,” I told him whilst he was listening eagerly, “even up to when we met Cylene, they still didn’t know about my powers. And then that day came when they eventually found out. I was in the room carelessly playing with my powers and the three of them saw it and they were shocked. I had to explain everything to them, and they had to take it all in. But they didn’t look at me as a freak; they didn’t look at me differently.”

Then I moved on with Cole up to the part when I found Mom. “Turns out, she was lost in that neighborhood and her cellphone was low battery. And then she took me here. It took the whole night just getting here.”