Fed up!

Unfortunately fate was not on Hermione's side, when she stepped through the portrait hole and into the warmth and light of the common room. She noticed that platinum blonde hair sitting in a chair facing away from the entrance. They knew that one another were in the room and it was Draco who stood, looked at her with a nod and sat back down, when Hermione came to his side she saw a long scroll of parchment resting on his lap as his quill wrote fervently.

"Did you have a nice dinner?" Draco muttered towards Hermione while measuring out the length of his writing assignment for charms.

Hermione nodded before reaching into her bag and extracting parchment herself along with her runes book. "Can I still patrol with you?" her heart seemed to skip a beat as Draco paused his scrutiny of his paper and looked up at her, a small smile was playing behind his lips before he answered with his famous smirk.

"I don't see why not Hermione," his voice was a tone that Hermione was surprised could be uttered from such a person as Draco and the way he had said her name made her cheeks flush slightly.

"Malfoy? Why....what exactly happened to you?" Hermione whispered.

Draco's eyes flashed and the smirk disappeared as fast as it had appeared, "people can change Granger." Adding a harsh tone on her surname, "I know I'm not the nicest person but I'd like to change that, I've lost everything I've ever had. Can't I just have a second chance or is that just too hard to give me? I thought you would understand that of all people," His tone only became harsher as he jumped up looking at Hermione with renewed hatred, but his face softened as he looked at her longer—her eyes displaying the fear that had entered her heart after she regretted her words. "So why can't I just have a second chance?"  Draco sighed.

            "I believe everyone gets a second chance Malfoy...." After a few minuets of pause Hermione continued, "...I won't patrol with you tonight—another time maybe." Hermione stared at the fire before looking back his a frown on her face, "I didn't mean to upset you...Its just hard to believe that the boy who let death eaters into our school and practically started the war would ever be nice to someone who he generally called a mudblood every chance he got."

            Draco threw his charms essay on the ground and shot up, causing Hermione to shrink back into her seat as Draco advanced on her. He didn't stop until their noses were practically touching and he glared at her, "if your family's reputation was hanging on by a thread and a person with that amount of power told you to do this horrible thing or he'll threaten to murder your entire family...what would you do? I admit I was a coward and I did his deeds but I didn't want to lose my parents—especially my mother. And now, my parents are on the run, I was given this chance to come back from the headmistress herself! So that I can restart my life." He watched the fear cross her eyes the entire time he stood over her, somewhere he knew that the old Draco would take pride in the way he was terrifying her but now he realized that he was about to lose his one chance at happiness but he didn't care he was tired of this. With a sigh Draco leaned in closer so that he blocked everything else from Hermione's view. "I did what I had to do for my family and my life, if that means that I don't get a second chance...then you're just as bad as one of the lowest Slytherins and people shouldn't look up to you as a hero for your part in the golden trio. So whether you like it or not, you're stuck with me so you can decide to accept me for trying to be pleasant or I can go right back to being that arrogant git with my famous smirk. Take your pick."

With that Draco gave a satisfied nod and straightened up, he hadn't realized how badly he had terrified Hermione until he saw her fix herself in her seat and fixed her hair. He noticed tears had begun to silently fall down her cheeks and his heart seemed to give out, he realized he had crossed the line but it was too late. He was fed up with the way he was treated by everyone, if he wasn't meant to get a second chance then he wouldn't be here to fix his mistakes by being made headboy and seeing people who had probably witnessed him cowering in fear when the death eaters trampled through Hogwarts—killing students who were fools to hide Harry Potter from them. Draco, what have you done? Draco thought with a sigh, he had gone and muck up everything and there was probably nothing he could do to fix what had just happened. He concentrated on the completed charms essay and noticed how Hermione would occasionally look up at him every once in a while—the look on her face of hurt and also fear made his heart flip. 
*****
Let me know what ya think!!! thank you for reading!! <3