Choose Granger

I just wanted to say that everyday I see how many reads I get and it makes me smile so much, thank you for reading! it makes my day ^_^

~*~*~*~

The search was not long as Draco found Harry in the great hall; he brought Harry towards his common room where Hermione was not to be found. Draco let out a long list of profanities as Harry knocked on Hermione's door it creaked open and Draco saw that on the bed laid Hermione in a ball quietly crying. Harry motioned Draco not to enter Hermione's room as Harry sat on the crimson comforter with Hermione.

Placing a hand on Hermione's shoulder Harry patted her, trying to sooth her. "I'm sorry for everything Hermione...I'm here, you don't have to worry...."

"He said far away from me, Harry...we can never be friends again..." Hermione whispered as tears choked her voice.

"I'm sure he'll want to be friends again," Harry whispered.

Hermione shook her head, "no Harry..."and tears continued to fall as Harry hugged Hermione for what seemed to last a long time, and after a long time Hermione seemed to stop crying and as she sat up to look at Harry she said the one thing Harry nor Draco expected her to say. "I think I could've loved him Harry," Hermione whispered.

Harry felt anger boil in the back of his throat, "Hermione...no you couldn't have. If it wasn't for me to monitor him constantly and make sure he was alone on his patrols I'm positive he would've turned to Lavender. He doesn't deserve you Hermione, please listen to me."

Hermione looked up at Harry very slowly and frowned, "you think he would've gone back to her?"

Harry nodded slowly, "yes. I do actually."

Hermione began to cry harder, before long she was curled into a ball again. "He gave me this," Hermione whispered as she held up the small vile filled with brown and gold liquid. "It's a potion that shows the person of your affections how they perceive you," Hermione sobbed harder. "He somehow made this and it was so sweet...I can't believe that I hurt him so much when he was just someone who was in love."

Harry wrapped his arms around Hermione so that they were sitting closely together, "so that's what he was doing the room of requirement...what did you see?"

Hermione let out a sob, "memorable memories of me that he cherished. He poured his heart into this potion, I can't believe he did that while I've been ungrateful and horrible towards him."

"Hermione, please stop crying. This isn't your fault!" Harry wrapped his arms around Hermione tighter as she cried harder and harder, "this is my fault."

Hermione shook her head, "how could it possibly be your fault?"

"He wanted to talk to you one more time, I told him it was foolish but we decided to use my cloak because he was determined, then I suggested you becoming friends with Draco...if I hadn't done any of this I think it would've turned out differently..."

"No one would've known this would happen...maybe I should've said yes to Ronald in the first place instead of dragging this out..."

"Hermione, you don't know that this wouldn't happen later if you had said yes. With you here and not with us constantly it made it easier for Lavender to try and get her claws into him. There's a chance that you'd be back here if you had said yes right away."

Draco coughed, keeping his distance from entering the room, he resided on the step that led to the doorway and watched Hermione cry. "I'm sorry for all of this Hermione...can I do anything?"