Chapter Six

“Draco?” a distant voice whispered as Draco Malfoy awoke sprawled on a red sofa with a quilted blanket wrapped around his body, he rubbed his eyes and came face to face with Hermione wearing a silk robe over flannel pants and a long sleeve pale blue shirt. “Is there something wrong with your bed?”

            Draco sat up and shook his head, “I guess I was just so exhausted that I decided to sleep here.”

            Hermione nodded, “well I’m going to get dressed I just wanted to make sure you were alright.”

            Draco nodded and a small smile played on his lips, she had been worried—at least enough to check on him—and it made his heart skip a beat as he thought this over. He sat up with a happy feeling in his heart he walked to his room to get dressed and gather his school books together, the whole time he thought of Hermione’s simple act of thoughtfulness and he thought of how he could possibly make everything between Hermione and him good again. Draco walked through the common room, glancing at Hermione’s door before exiting the portrait hole and out onto the stairs. Draco paused on his way towards the great hall when he noticed Harry Potter walking with Ron Weasley; he walked a few paces behind the two and listened to their conversation.

            “Do you think you’ll start talking to Hermione today?” Harry muttered to Ron.

            Ron shrugged looking down as they walked, “I want to but I want her just to answer me already.”

            Harry sighed, “You already heard her answer Ron! Don’t you see what would happen and what she’s thinking about?”

            “Come on Harry! Shouldn’t you be on my side?”

            “I’m not on anyone’s side Ron, I want my two best mates to talk to one another again. Just think of it from her side, I know she cares and fancies you but she’s worried of all the negative possibilities that could occur. You did leave us once remember?”

            Ron stopped walking to glare at Harry, “you have no right bringing that up.” 
            Harry turned and frowned, “I’m not the one who brings it up, it’s Hermione who does and that’s what worries her the most—you walking out and leaving her just as easily as you did that day.”

            Ron rubbed her neck, “alright, I understand.”

            Harry motioned him to keep moving, “I’m not taking sides but I do see her point. Just let her think and giver her more time. She’ll come around eventually.”

            Ron nodded and began walking, “I’m sorry mate.”

            Harry nodded as they began walking again, “it’s alright.”

            Not being able to stand this anymore, Draco pushed between the two, growling as he walked passed to the great hall but nothing could ruin his lightheartedness not even the thought of that Weasel trying to finally get what he wanted would ruin the feeling in his chest. For the rest of the day, he sat through his classes with an abnormally happy feeling in his chest; he listened to the whispers between Hermione and Ron who seemed to be fighting the urge to bring up the statement of his feelings to her again at every turn.

            When his classes were over for the day he rushed to the common room hoping to find Hermione alone, he didn’t know why he wanted her to be alone but he had a feeling that he would finally be able to talk to her about everything. But when he came through the portrait hole he saw a mass of black hair sitting in one of the chairs next to the fire along with bushy brown hair, his thoughts of being able to talk to Hermione alone were crushed and Draco wished that he hadn’t rushed back like he did.

            “Hello Draco,” Hermione greeted as Draco walked across the room towards his door to disappear, disappointed behind it. Draco nodded a hello before disappearing and locking himself up for the rest of the night, not even coming out for dinner. For the rest of the evening Draco stayed locked in his room finishing essays that were due soon for a few of his classes, he felt like a fool for feeling this way-holding out the hope that he would finally have someone to talk to but now he realized his dream of that was just an illusion. 

****
Gotta get filler chapters in every once in awhile! Hope its still alright!! :)