Reverting

So thanks to the amount of reads this story has gained, a few friends are making me a cake :P 

ENJOY!! ^_^

~*~*~

The flat was quiet except for the birds that chirped on the window sill, Hermione stepped out of the fireplace as she undid her traveling cloak and looked around the room. A sofa sat in front of the small fireplace, two overstuffed chairs sat on either side of the sofa, hand stitched pillows sat on the chairs, two big bookshelves stood with volumes upon volumes of books. As Hermione made her way towards the hall she saw the light to the kitchen was on, she stepped into the doorway of the kitchen and there stood Ron Weasley with an armful of bread and lunchmeat.

            Ron swallowed as he looked at her, “Hello Hermione.”

            Hermione blushed and averted her eyes, “Ronald.”

            Harry stood by Hermione’s shoulder as Hermione stepped closer to Ron, “I want to talk to you.”

            Ron nodded, “I’m listening.”

            “Harry told me about the love potion, but that doesn’t explain why when I came here earlier it smelled like someone else had been here besides you.”

            Ron put down the food and stepped closer to Hermione, leaving about a foot between them, “Lavender came back. She thought that since you left it was her that I wanted and it’s not! I still love you Hermione.”

            Hermione shook her head, “Ron…I don’t…everything you said truly hurt, and I don’t want to fight anymore.”

            Ron took a step forward and closed the space between them, “we can work on that. Please Hermione.”

            Hermione opened her mouth slightly as she considered this, she loved Ron but her feelings were slowly changing and now she didn’t know what was going to happen. Hermione looked away, “I don’t know Ron, I don’t want to start again just to be hurt another time.”

            Ron nodded, “just this one time. We can start over, from the absolute beginning Hermione. I promise everything will be alright.”

            Hermione gave a small smile and looked into the blue eyes that had always been there for her when she needed him. Then she remembered the potion he had made her that won her over two years ago, she still had it and when Ron was gone for a long period of time and the dreams of Draco returned she would use the potion and remember just how much she meant to Ron. But after everything he had said to her, yelled at her, it seemed like a long shot but she sucked in a long breath before answering. “One final chance.”

            Ron gave a big smile and pulled Hermione into a hug before kissing her forehead, from behind them Harry gave a small cough. The two had almost forgotten about him, he was leaning against the door frame with a grim look on his face, Hermione understood immediately what Harry was thinking and Hermione tried not to meet Harry’s eyes.

            “Well, I think we’d better go back to the ministry Hermione. I have paperwork to do.” Harry said coolly as he stretched out his hand for Hermione, “come over for dinner Ron. I’ll send an owl to Ginny to let her know.”

            Ron nodded as he released Hermione and watched the two depart, Hermione’s stomach was doing knots and as she stood next to Harry who gently grabbed her arm for departure.  Harry leaned toward her ear and whispered so low that only Hermione would be able to hear, “You’re going to crush him, you know that don’t you? He’s mad about you and this is how you repay him? He’s waited two long years for you Hermione.”

            Hermione’s heart stopped as she looked up into Harry’s grim face, his eyes were cold and unforgiving as the realization of what she had done began to sink in. “I can make it right,” she retorted.

            They stepped into the fireplace and as the living room dissolved to be replaced with the black tiled halls of the ministry, Harry still gripping Hermione’s arm led them to the lifts. It wasn’t until they stopped on Harry’s floor did Harry relax his grip on her arm, with his face still set in a cold distant stare Hermione had no other options but to think about what she had agreed to. She loved Ron, more than anything, but he had said nasty things towards her and hurt her so severely that she didn’t think she could ever trust him again. As they rounded the last corner that revealed Harry’s desk, Harry released Hermione and instead made her sit in the chair beside his desk, Draco looked up with a questioning look on his face at the two of them.

            Harry took off his cloak and turned to look at Draco, “almost done all your paperwork?”

            Draco stretched and nodded, “just have to read one more file and I’ll be done for the day. How did it go by the way?”

            Harry sighed before looking at Hermione and then Draco, “it took an unexpected turn.”

            Draco, sensing that Harry was unhappy with the turn of events, looked at Hermione who had buried herself in a rather large looking file. He had a feeling he knew what happened and his heart seemed to give out, how could he have been so stupid as to think that he could have a chance at Granger? Draco slowly nodded as he looked back up at Harry, “ah. I see, well then. I’ll be taking this report home with me, will it be alright if I knock off early?”

            Harry nodded, “make sure you have that file done by tomorrow morning, have a nice evening.”

            Draco got up and nodded, not looking at Hermione who had removed the file she was studying and staring up at him, trying to catch his eye. “You too Potter,” Draco tied the cloak around his neck and placed the file under his arm as he gave a small smile and left the cubicle. While walking down the hall Draco realized he forgot something and as he back tracked to his desk he heard Harry whispering to Hermione.

            “You hurt him.” Harry was muttering.

            Hermione gave a small sniff, “I didn’t think I meant that much to him anymore.”

            “Because you don’t ever realize what’s right in front of you! I know why you won’t go through with your bookstore. It’s because of him, you fell for him during our last year of school and you still have that slight hope and that’s holding you from doing things that you know you can actually do.”

            “I did it because of Ron, if I had we wouldn’t see each other Harry.”

            Harry gave a small laugh, “that’s what you tell yourself but its not. You think that your talks with Ginny are private but you forget that I’m just down the hall and then you mutter to yourself during the night! Sometimes I worry that you’re going insane Hermione.”

            “I am not!” Draco heard a chair move, holding his breath he urged them to continue talking.

            “Hermione, you’re my best mate, and you need to realize that you still have feelings for Malfoy. I know he does, I saw it in his eyes when we got back. Did you not notice how his eyes changed from a smolder to a cold steal the moment I said unexpected turn? He got really tense after that. He knows what happened, or at least suspects it.” Harry sighed, “I’m not going to tell you what to do in life Hermione, but just know this. If you hurt someone too many times they’ll never forgive you and you’ll miss your chance at happiness when you finally realize that the person who got hurt one too many times was the right person.”

            Draco gave a cough as he came out from behind the wall and stepped into view, “sorry I forgot the key to my flat.” Draco avoided both Hermione’s and Harry’s eyes as he stepped toward his desk and grabbed the key from the candy bowl. “Have a nice night.”

~*~*~

Yeah....I just had to! It wouldnt be fun to just have Draco win. gotta make him work ;P

Have a lovely day! and thanks for reading ^^