Chapter Eight

The kiss had all the emotions that Draco had been holding back within it, and as he pressed Hermione closer to him he held onto her as if she were an illusion that would disappear at any moment. He hadn’t known what he was going to do when he opened the door but as he looked at her closely he saw just how beautiful she was and all he knew was that he had wanted to kiss her at that very moment. And just as the kiss had started, they slowly parted and both looked into each other’s eyes as both faces became pink.  

            Draco’s face seemed to be colored as he coughed and looked away, “I’m sorry…”

            Hermione gave a small smile, “did you hear what we said then?”

            Draco shrugged, “bits and pieces….maybe the whole thing…”

            Hermione looked into his gray eyes and shook her head, “why?”

            “I want a second chance, and I’d like to have at least one person believing that I deserve it.”

            “So me?”

            “I want your help…”

            “My help for what?”

            Draco leaned against the door frame with a smirk, “Potter.”

            “So you’re only using me to get to him?”

            Draco began to frantically shake his head, “not using you! I want your help though but I wouldn’t use you! But the fact that Potter is your best mate makes everything easier.”

            “What do I have to do?”

            “If the two of you believed I’ve changed….that would help me get a second chance right? That’s all I want…but if I don’t get his help…maybe…just maybe I’d have you to give me one…won’t I?”

            Hermione nodded slowly as she felt her face burn even more, “so what does this make us?”

            Draco frowned a little, not knowing what to say. “Friends?”

            Hermione let out a small laugh and shook her head, “friends who just kissed huh?”

            “Well, that was a little forward and after years of my bullying….well….I think friends is a good starting point,” Draco leaned forward and kissed Hermione another time, when he stood back up he smiled. “But we’ll see what happens, who knows you may prefer me over that worthless prat,” Draco smirked.

            Hermione blushed and shook her head trying to remember who she was talking to—Draco was not someone you fell for when you were Hermione right? She knew that it wouldn’t be that hard to get Harry to believe her and ask for a favor…but if the favor involved Draco she knew that there was a small chance he’d say no—Hermione just hoped that Harry would agree. However, somewhere in the back of her mind, she knew that Harry was already warming up to the idea of trusting Draco it was just openly asking if he did that actually worried her. Hermione knew that Draco was different and had changed for the better and she was willing to give him the chance to prove himself that he wanted but if it had been anyone else she doubted they would-let alone kiss him. As Hermione began to think about the kiss, she felt her cheeks flush and she realized that maybe Ron wasn't the only one who cared about her...unless he's toying with your emotions, a voice whispered in the back of her mind. She ignored this thought as she grabbed her anicent runes book and began flipping through the pages, absently thinking about what kind of person Draco could actually be and it made her heart do a slight flip.