Draco's nightmare

***

  He was running through Hogwarts as the sound of stone crumbling boomed across the grounds that night, he ran past bodies of classmates along the way through the dust as he dodged spells that flew overhead. Draco ran through the dust and watched as stone flew past him as the castle shook from the emitting war. Draco didn’t know what he had gotten himself into, he realized that he was in way over his head and that he wished things had turned out differently for him over the past few years.

            Draco came to a halt behind a pedestal where a suit of armor had once been but was now protecting the castle—unlike him. He caught his breath just as a figure appeared at the end of the hall, he pulled out his wand as he watched Pansy Parkison ran closer and closer to his hiding spot—only stepping into the hall when she stood in front of the pedestal.

            “Draco! What are you doing? We need to go now!” Pansy panted as she looked up at him.

            Draco numbly nodded as he registered the panic in her eyes, her hair was a mess and her robes were disheveled and covered in dust. Her face had small cuts across her cheeks as she looked into his eyes.

            “Death eaters are killing anyone and everyone at this point,” Pansy glanced over her shoulder wildly checking for people.

            Draco nodded as he grabbed her hand and began running as fast as possible, soon enough they were at the moving staircases and saw numerous duels occurring over every landing possible. As they glanced around Draco saw the terror in Pansy’s eyes, he gripped her hand tighter and she gripped his arm tightly as he moved them into a secret passageway he knew would lead to the great hall. When they appeared at the end and in front of the great hall they ran towards the huge oak doors that led outside, duels were everywhere and from the looks of it good was not triumphing over evil. Pansy and Draco stood overlooking the grounds, giants roared as flashes of light appeared from everywhere.

            “Draco, what’re we going to do?” Pansy shouted above the noise and chaos.

            Draco kissed the top of her head before pulling her through the shadows at the edge of the fray going on, “we’re going to hide.”

            Pansy pulled away from his grasp, causing them to stop in their tracks hidden in the shadows from anyone else. “are you serious? We’ll never live that down Draco!”

            Draco just glared at her shocked expression, “if we don’t they’ll murder us. If we can find a way to help then maybe we’ll live. But I’d rather not be killed right now. I was given a choice once, maybe someone will let me take that.”

            Pansy took a step back, “so you’re turning?”

            Draco set his jaw as he began walking from the horror that was surrounding them, he kept his eyes ahead not wanting to see the death and destruction that was occurring around him. Draco knew what would happen next before it happened, he felt his legs lock and watched his wand leave his hands and land opposite him; he knew that Pansy’s wand was probing his ribs harshly before he even felt the impact and felt her hair tickling his nose before he looked into her eyes.

            “I always thought you were better than this, but you’re just another traitor like the rest. How did you get sorted into Slytherine if you’re just another traitor like the rest? I would never retreat! I’m going to stay by his side because we’re better than the lowly people we’re trying to crush.” Draco gasped as Pansy’s wand tip pressed harder into his ribs, “I use to think that you were someone to look up to. Your attitude made me feel as if you had everything figured out but no—you’re just a traitor.”

            “Come off it Parkinson,” Draco growled.

            Pansy laughed, “shut up you filthy traitor!!”

            Draco gasped again and tried to reach for her wrists but she was too smart as she quickly stood straight up again before laughing at him. Pansy leaned in closely to him, their noses barely touching as she smirked down at him in his pathetic state, “they’ll never give you a chance. You’re a Malfoy—the worst muggleborn hating family of all time! You helped create this world Malfoy, you let them into this school and start the chaos that’s surrounding us!” Pansy let out a low laugh before leaning closer—her wand pressing deeper into his ribs. Draco could smell the scent of fire and burnt hair on her as she glared at him, her eyes filled with hate that even he flinched at, “no one will listen to you. You’re nothing but a muggleborn hating, elf abusing, selfish, arrogant, monster. You’ll always be a traitor Draco Malfoy.”

            Pansy straightened up as Draco began to struggle against the curse, he watched in horror as Pansy pulled her wand up to cast the one spell that would end it all when he saw a figure emerge from behind. He didn’t realize what it was until it had Pansy in its grip, he watched in silent horror as a giant spider took hold of Pansy with its pincers and crush her body and then drop it with a harsh thud against the damn grass before quickly retreating-as if something had scared it. Draco laid quietly on the ground as the spider passed over his body, as the curse lifted from his legs he moved closer to Pansy and moved the strands of hair from her face. She had been the closet thing he had as a true friend and as he looked into the now dead eyes of his friend he observed how her body had been physically crunched. If Draco had seen the spider he would’ve saved her but it had happened so quickly and so abnormally that he hadn’t expected for that to happen to her. Draco sighed as he got up and retrieved his wand, he made his way through the shadows as Voldemort’s voice came across the night….

*****
Well! personally I loved this chapter I think its the best I've written so far. I thought it'd be interesting to know what Draco was doing during the final battle...this is something I thought was possible! So I hope you all enjoyed it!! :3 please comment?! it'd make me happy to see some reveiws!! :D

COMMENT!