Ferret's guilt

So I've been thinking. I  loved how many READS this story has gotten but the amount of comments breaks my heart! so please comment?!?!            

            ****

            “So what should we do Potter?” Draco sighed about a few minutes after Hermione had gone to sleep.

            Harry shrugged, “don’t tell her a thing.”

            “He still expects her to accept his unrequited love?”

            Harry nodded, “but I believe they had a falling out so I’m not too keen on that.”

            Draco laughed, “he would still expect it, even if he’s causing the most pain.”

            “Hermione doesn’t seem like she’s going to pick him…maybe in the beginning but I doubt it now.”

            Draco paused and looked at him, “why do you say that?”

            Harry smirked, “I know you two have kissed more than once and I know that locket is from you. Don’t try to deny it, you want her.”

            “So what if I have a soft spot for her in the back of my mind, she needs someone in her life and why can’t it be me?” Draco sat up straighter, “and I wouldn’t mind having someone in my life…and if it were Granger, I’d be happy about that.”

            Harry looked over his glasses at the blonde hair boy, “is that your ulterior motive to all of this?”

            “No actually, it’s not, it just happened.” Draco growled.

            Harry gave him a smirk that would make his own infamous one feel shame, “look at this, the git that I never expected to feel sorry for anything he did to people starting to like the one person he despised completely.”

            Draco felt his face heat up and he looked away, “I’ll curse you if you say a word.”

            “So you do fancy Hermione?”

            Draco nodded slowly, “I suppose I do Potter.”

                                    *****

            After classes started again Hermione and Draco’s friendship grew, they didn’t let the rest of the school notice its entire existence but teachers seemed to notice that even the head boy and head girl were being even more civilized than usual towards each other. As the weeks grew longer Draco decided that he should tell Hermione about everything, the day he did the rain had been coming down so hard that at one point it came through one of the windows and soaked all of Hermione’s school books.

            “Hermione…can I talk to you?” Draco asked as Hermione dried her books.

            “What is it?” her irritation made Draco rethink his plan but he decided to keep talking.

            “I wanted to talk to you about what happened during the holidays…”

            At this Hermione froze and looked at him, “what is there to talk about?”

            “We kissed a few times and well….I saw something I believe you should know,” Draco whispered.

            Hermione placed the book on the table and sat in one of the chairs facing Draco, “I’m listening.”