Draco's anger

Draco stared at Hermione as she began working on her papers and assignments and practice charms in silence, he watched as she turned a table into a chair and back a few times before returning to his own work. They sat in near uncomfortable silence until quarter of ten, neither one wanting to speak again, Hermione was the first to sit up and as she walked towards the portrait hole Draco heard another voice as Harry Potter appeared behind a disheveled Hermione, he nodded towards Draco as he followed Hermione towards her room before Hermione had shut the door. Draco turned back to his potions paper before setting it on a table in the corner and walking towards the door, he tapped and Hermione opened it never meeting his gaze.

"I'll be going now, be back at soon."

Hermione nodded and shut the door in his face, he knew he deserved it but it still hurt to be treated like that. He walked out of the room and down the corridor, as he walked he met with ghosts and the occasional student who looked terrified or disgusted and even both, to see him but were also shocked when he didn't hex them or give them detentions, instead he ushered them towards their houses making sure they arrived and hoped they stayed there. Without much to keep his mind busy he thought about his short conversation with Hermione, he liked her and he wasn't sure when he began to feel this way but he knew deep down that he truly liked her-he wouldn't have felt upset for making her cry and feel uncomfortable. He'd been different this year, having to live with Granger he thought that it would be better for the two of them if he were nicer, he knew it meant everything to the know it all so he believed that by making life easier for her he could win her over in the end. At first it was difficult but after a few months it became easier, he realized how arrogant and rude all the other Slytherins were and he wished he could just not be associated with them but he would always be no matter what, at least this year it was easier to avoid them having to live separately from them.

Draco came to a halt as he stared at a tapestry that he knew led to the room of requirement, something in the back of his mind told him that he should enter it and never come back out. He felt that it was the appropriate thing to do, he walked past three times and thought about anything when a door appeared he entered it with a sigh. The room was covered in mirrors-every inch reflected a distraught looking Draco-he walked to the middle of the room where a single mirror stood. It had a golden frame decorated with curves, he looked at his reflection-it was no longer that confident boy who knew exactly what he was going to do with his life and knew that he could get anything he wanted with the snap of his fingers. Instead he saw a boy who was completely distraught and knew that he didn't want to be the person he saw in the mirror, he wanted to be confident and have a genuine smile on his face.

"This is all your fault," Draco growled at the reflection who muttered the same words back. "Why did you have to do this to me?!" Draco cried out desperately but the person in the mirror only repeated his words. "ANSWER ME DAMN IT!" Draco's fury was so strong that he struck the mirror with so much force all of the glass fell out of the frame. Draco looked at the shattered remains of the mirror and turned around to the nearest wall, he looked at the many Draco's that stared at him-reflecting his shocked expression. He walked over to the nearest wall and stared at his reflection, waiting for an answer.

"Why can't I be happy?" Draco whispered to his reflection, placing his head on the cool glass. Because you're a Malfoy, and nothing will ever remove that from your life, a voice whispered from his mind. Draco straightened up and glared at his reflection, "you'll never get to prove yourself. You were the part of the driving force for the war to begin-you killed Dumbledore!" Draco yelled at his reflection, "how could you?" Draco began to cry as he shouted out in anger, this time blind rage over took him and before he knew what was happening Draco was standing in a room filled with glass shards and bloodied fists. Draco collapsed on to the ground and shuddered, all the pent up feelings he had flowed out of him as he cried in the empty room. Draco pulled out his wand and mended his many cuts and sighed before standing up and straightening himself up and walking out of the room.

Before Draco realized it he was back in the hallway to his common room, he was hoping that Potter was gone and he would be able to go to bed before Hermione confronted him. But luck was not with him as he saw Potter leaving and Hermione walking back into the portrait, Draco found it odd that she had left the room but it didn't matter-it was not his problem he had left the room so why wouldn't she leave her room? All that mattered was that Hermione would not talk to him tonight and he may've ruined his chances to be trusted ever again.

"Malfoy?" Draco stopped as Harry Potter called his name.

"Yes Potter?" Draco said with a civilized tone.

Harry seemed to gather his thoughts before continuing, he took in Draco's look and saw the puffiness of his eyes-Malfoy was crying? Harry thought to himself, somewhere in his heart Harry felt sorrow for Draco at that moment and he hesitated before continuing he didn't want to tick him off. "Listen, I've been noticing just how much you've changed over the course of this year... I personally prefer it this way, at first Hermione was mortified that she would have to share an isolated living area with you, but now she's figured that it's not as horrible as she predicted....just don't be too harsh on her alright? You know what's been going on and I don't think it helps when you snap at her even if she was the one to start it," Harry was shifting from foot to foot.

"Yeah, I know all about the weasel issue and I know I didn't help by snapping. She snapped first! She questioned me, as if I had an ulterior motive-which I don't!"

Harry scratched his neck as he looked into Draco's steel gray eyes, "I understand that Draco but...."

"But what Potter? She wants to know why the one person who made sure to it that the last six years of her schooling have been a nightmare from the start would suddenly want to change the way he's perceived by people? Or is it that she fancies me and she wants to know exactly why and how that's possible? Wants to make sure it's not a trick? Wants to make sure I'm not putting some love potion in her morning pumpkin juice?" As he said these words, Harry's face was all Draco needed as a conformation to his words and his eyes grew with shock as he whispered, "she fancies me?"

***
Personally I'm REALLY proud of this Chapter, but I still see that I have reads but no comments....I'd really LOVE to get some comments so I can see what people like and not like and what they'd like to see!! and if I get a lot of comments and reads I'd like to start another story so PLEASE comment!! <3