Confrontation

OH MY GOD! Has anyone seen The Hunger Games yet?! IT WAS AMAZING!! I saw it at midnight and loooved it! :3 did a fab job sticking to the book! (even added a bit of background!)

~*~*~

They walked behind the brown hair and platinum blonde as the two talked about various things and as they entered the town of Hogsmeade Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger began discussing Ron. And as Ron and Harry walked behind the two underneath the invisibility cloak, Harry knew that Ron would want to hurt Draco Malfoy no matter what.

            “Why can’t you just understand that your friendship means more to her than a relationship? ” Harry whispered to Ron, he was tired of everything that was happening between his two best mates and wanted to over. “Besides Lavender really fancies you.”

            “I just wanted to catch her alone and tell her my own feelings one last time, and for the last time Lavender Brown means absolutely nothing to me!” Ron muttered back. He was determined to get Hermione, he knew it was a long shot but it meant everything to him.

            Ron continued listening to the two but as the conversation became longer the more he felt his heart sinking into his stomach. “Ron…how about we go get some butter beers?” Harry whispered.

            Ron shook his head and kept following the two, “not yet Harry…”

            Ron and Harry followed Hermione and Draco into the three broomsticks, taking a seat behind Hermione and Draco’s booth. When Draco got up to get the butter beers Ron stood and slid into the seat across from Hermione, leaving Harry to watch and listen.

            “Ronald…” Hermione greeted with a small smile.

            “I just wanted to say that…I’m sorry for my persistence and that it will stop here and now….I will never bring it up again…” Ron’s voice was quivering at the end fighting back the tears, but they came as Ron continued. “I think I could’ve loved you Hermione…but I’ll never know, I thought I did when your voice was what led me back to find you and Harry—if it wasn’t for you I don’t think I would’ve come back no matter how badly I regretted leaving….from here on out, I will stay far away from you.” Ron looked deep into Hermione’s eyes, “I really think that I could’ve loved you Hermione.” With that Ron Weasley got up across from Hermione as he placed a small parcel wrapped in gold foil on the table. He walked past Harry under his invisibility cloak and left the three broomsticks with tears flowing down his face. Harry followed after hoping that Ron wouldn’t do anything too rash, he hoped Draco would be able to at least watch over Hermione for the most part as he hurried to find Ron near the shrieking shack.

            “Ron?” Harry whispered.

            “I’ll be fine…just give me a minuet…” Ron muttered.

            “If we go back to the castle I bet we can go play some qudditch if we go and find Ginny and Fred and George along the way.”

            “I’d rather not play with my family for the moment...” Ron sniffed.

            “Then how about I just throw quaffles at you for practice?”

            Ron straightened a little before looking at Harry, “thanks mate.”

            Harry nodded and shoved the invisibility cloak into his bag as the two walked back towards the castle, not wanting to continue their trip through Hogsmeade.

                                                ***

            Draco Malfoy didn’t know what to do, when he came back he saw Hermione sitting at the booth sobbing into a small package she was holding.

            “What happened?” he asked as Hermione continued to cry.

            Hermione shook her head refusing to talk about anything.

            Nervous and not knowing what to do Draco looked around, “how about we finish our butter beers and we’ll go back to the common room? I’ll leave you alone to your thoughts okay?”

            Hermione shook her head, “I want to talk to Harry…”

            Draco sighed, “Let’s at least finish these drinks okay? I’ll find Potter afterwards I promise.”

            Hermione slowly nodded, and as she began to sip her drink her tears began to stop. Draco was worried but knew that it had to deal with Ron, he knew the git had been following them as soon as he saw that hair fly under a cloak and disappear and knew that he must be behind this whole mess.

            When Hermione was done with her drink Draco and Hermione walked back to the castle, both walked in complete silence as they came in view of the castle.

            “I’ll bring you to the common room and go and find Potter…will you be alright if I leave you alone?” Draco asked as he looked at Hermione, noticing tears silently fall down her cheeks.

            “I’ll be fine Draco…just find Harry please…”

            “Why can’t you talk to me about this though?” Draco whispered as they entered the oak doors of the castle.

            “Just please get me Harry?”

            Draco sighed, “Alright…I just want to help, you know that right?”

            Hermione nodded silently as they climbed the stairs towards their common room, as they reached the portrait hole Draco said good bye in search of Harry.