Five Months Later

Please enjoy! there are TWO chapters left of this story! ='( but I enjoyred writing and editing it for you, I want to thank all of you! Silent readers, voters, and commenters alike--ya'll are incredibly awesome! thank you for taking an interest in this story! I hope you'll enjoy these last chapters :) 

~*~*~ 

 Five Months Later. 

The snow was falling heavily now, Hermione watched the snow from her shop window as Hogwarts students walked past in their colorful scarves and knit hats. She saw groups of people walk past, some people turned to looked at the little shop—today she had sold a high amount of books and supplies—she felt proud of her store, it was going well and she felt that she made the right choice in the end.

            “Good afternoon neighbor,” Hermione turned to greet George Weasley as he walked forward and looked out the window with her. “Any takers today?”

            “Fourty today,” Hermione mused. “Not including mail orders.”

            “Mail orders huh? That idea sounds familiar,” George smirked as two kids threw snowballs at the window. “Care to get lunch today?” After the war the twins decided that they wanted another shop, this time in Hogsmeade; they had purchased the store next to Hermione’s and George ran it during the school year while Fred stayed in Diagon Alley. Ever since the school year had started George visited Hermione every day for company, they had lunch together and often times Hermione came over for dinner with him and Fred. After everything with Ron, Fred and George were supportive and never held her at fault for anything that happened—especially when Ginny stepped in and told them everything.

            Hermione and George walked through the village to the Hogs Head as the snow lightened to small flurries, “so you and Malfoy huh?” George stated casually.

            Hermione nodded slowly, “does that bother you?”

            George shrugged, “something to get use to. But after you told me about what Ron did and stuff…I’m just glad you’re happy.”

            Hermione let out a sigh of relief, “so it doesn’t bother you?”

            George laughed, “Fred and I always figured you’d be our sister in law one day but I think of you as a sister more than ever now. You’ve been a part of our family for so long it’s hard to not think that, so if you’re happy then I support you—we both do, Fred and I.”

            Hermione nodded as they sat down at a table towards the back of the bar, “I didn’t know if you’d hate me or not.”

            “Nah, I can’t be mad at our little guinea pig!” George joked as he ruffled Hermione’s hair, “plus you give us our inspiration for many of our pranks—anything you disapprove of was thanks to you,” George smirked.

            Hermione smiled as their food arrived, “I am not your test subject!”

            “Oh yes you are, you’ve always been.”

            Hermione smiled, “I don’t remember agreeing to that.”

            George shrugged as he sipped his butter beer. “Hermione, are you actually happy?” George looked seriously up at her.

            Hermione froze as she considered his question and smiled, “yes.”

            George took a sip of butter beer before continuing, “and are you happy you left the ministry?”

            Hermione nodded, “I miss it from time to time but I’m proud of my choices and I’m happier than ever.”

            George smiled and sighed, “Ron wanted me to do some spying.”

            Hermione smiled, “of course he would.”

            “Are you going to come over for Christmas?”

            Hermione began stuttering, “sure, if that’s fine.”

            “it’s more of a request alright? Mum and dad miss you.”

            Hermione began to look at her plate as a smile played on her lips, “is Ron with…”

            “Lavender? No, he’s still single. Fred believes that after what happened with you two there’s no chance he’ll be dating for a long, long time.” Hermione nodded at this, “don’t you two talk to each other?”

            Hermione shrugged, “it’s a bit awkward to talk about that kind of subject.”

            George nodded, “I suppose so…” They ate their food in silence, conversing about their stores; George mentioned he was looking for more help in his store which Hermione suggested that if he really wanted to they could combine stores and work together. George believed it was a good idea and that they would give it a shot when the weather was warmer to do any huge renovations. “Well, time to head back!” George smiled before they got up from their booth.

            Together they walked back to their shops, Hermione sat behind the desk with George in his shop as the number of customers began to dwindle, they filled out mail orders together and sat talking until it was time to go home.

            “Draco? Are you home?” Hermione called as she entered the apartment, ever since they had spent the night together Hermione had been staying with him at his apartment more frequently. Hermione entered the kitchen and noticed a small black box staring up at her, from behind she felt two hands slip around her waist as she froze.

            “Draco, what is that?” Hermione whispered.

            “It’s whatever you think it is love,” Draco whispered back.

            Hermione turned around and saw Draco smiling down at her, his blonde bangs falling into his face, “I don’t know about this…”

            His smile faltered as he looked into her eyes, “come on now love.”

            Hermione let out a small laugh before kissing him, “yes Draco.”

            Draco hugged Hermione and kissed the top of her head, “so who do we tell first?”

            “Harry and Ginny.”

            Draco rubbed his neck, “actually…I had Ginny help with it, I wanted it to be perfect so she came along.”

            Hermione laughed and hugged Draco tightly, “I guess we’ll need to start planning for the wedding then huh?”

            Draco smiled and kissed Hermione and hugged her tightly, Draco swung Hermione around in a circle as he realized what had just happened. He had never felt happier in his life and as he looked at Hermione’s flushed face his smile grew, until a voice that he hadn’t heard from in a long time told him that if his parents knew that they would be disappointed in him—but he didn’t dare listen to the voice as he kissed Hermione even more. They were engaged and Draco was happier than he could ever imagine possible.