Changing

(Austin's POV)

  Why am I feeling this way? I thought to myself as I studied my knife while sitting on a park bench. Everyone was running around screaming and robbing places. It brought me "happiness"? I don't know if I'm positive that it does anymore.

  "Oh shut up Austin! This is what makes you happy! That boy just got to you, that's all!" I say as I start walking towards a tree. It seemed familiar. My heart started to race.

-flashback-

  "Are you sure?" Jake (who was 7) asked me (I was the same age).

  "Uh huh! I think we can climb it!" I yelled as we starred at the big tree. It was possible.

   "Okay... if you say so." He said rubbing his arm and looking at the ground. He was blushing a slight pink. Like frosting.

   "Up we go!" We climbed happily, until....

The sky got dark, clouds flew at millions of miles it seemed.

  "Austin, I'm scared!" Jake was holding onto a branch for his dear life.

   "It's okay, it's okay... um.." I looked around at the air, trying to think of something to do.

   "Here, I'm going to jump down and will catch you. Okay?" I had already started climbing down the thick tree.

   "O-okay."

   "Okay, now when I say '3' you will jump, okay?" I began counting. Jake didn't seem ready.

  "3!" I handed my arms to 'catch' him. But he didn't jump. Instead, he stayed up there and before I could say anything to help him, a big strike of lightning hit the tree.

-end of flashback-

   I took a few deep breaths. My head started to hurt.

  I fell.

   My hear was racing along with my thoughts.

  "Do you remember?" I looked up and Jake was there, in the tree. He jumped down and began walking towards me. I began crying.

   "I-I um..." I looked up into his eyes, they were glassy and beautiful. I felt that same feeling when I first saw them. He put his hand out, as if to help me up. I hesitated at first, but finally took it.

    "Are you okay?" He asked me as he put his hand on my shoulder.

   Somethings different. Somethings wrong. I no longer wanted the city to be mine. I only wanted him to be mine. I no longer hated. I felt light as a feather.

    "I'm s-sorry!" I hugged him hard. He was shocked at first but relaxed. We didn't pull away for a while. But when we did, he was crying.

  "Austin! You... your back!!?" He looked at my eyes, as if the answer was in them. His greenish eyes almost sparked when he knew that I....... changed.

  "I knew you could do it!" And with that be did something that shocked me the most. He kissed me.

    It felt as if my heart exploited. I felt warm. The memories came flowing back to me. My eyes, I felt them "change"! I hugged him and kissed back. I was happy. I AM happy.

   But I also remembered what happened to me and Way. The pain of what happened came back. I turned away from Jake, stopping the kiss. He seemed worried.

   "What's wrong?" He put his (now warm) hand on my shoulder. I turned at him, blushing at what just happened. I swear my head was a tomato!

  "Nothing... I just remembered what happened, to us. It... um.. distracted me." I say giving him a warm smile while rubbing the back of my neck. It's been awhile since I had given anyone one of those.

  He smiled back. He took my hand and began running. I blushed, a little confused but followed. He was taking me around where I last saw Way.

   I stopped. I looked around at the city, thinking of what I did to it. I didn't want to remember, but did. Jake looked at me, sadly he knew what I was thinking. He took my hand and just held it.

  "It's okay. You wasn't the one who wanted this. I don't know who the hell did but, they sure got what they wanted!" He said jokingly. It made me smile.

  "I don't think it's a good idea to se-" I was interrupted by the sound of helicopters. I knew that they were coming for me. I ran as fast as I could to see Way. She was passed out and someone was carrying her. It was a man.

  "Don't. Move." He took out his gun and pointed it at me. I instantly put my hands up. Jake was right behind me.

   We were in so much trouble. Before I could do anything, I heard Jake scream and I passed out.

---- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -----