Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Aiden's POV

Quietly collecting herself, the gorgeous woman now known as Natalie Atkinson, slowly looked up at me with an apologetic smile upon her beautiful plump lips.

"I'm sorry that I wasn't able to make it yesterday. Do forgive me as for I have a very mischievous daughter who refuses to leave her mother's side and had many difficulties while trying to put her in daycare yesterday." She stated as I glanced over at Raigh-lee who glanced from her mother to me while sticking Cheerios into her mouth. Staring at the toddler, I couldn't help but laugh as Natalie looked from me to my twin questioningly.

"I guess I can forgive you. Especially since I witnessed Raigh-lee's mischievousness this morning." I stated as the corners of her lips tilted up a bit. "How old is she?" I questioned as Natalie looked a little taken aback while I stared at her.

"Raigh-lee will be turning two years old soon." She stated quietly while staring at her daughter lovingly. It was the same look that my twin shared with her boys. It was truly beautiful.

"Oh, I knew that I was forgetting something." Lucy stated as I looked over at her as she quickly pulled my cell phone out of her pink polka dotted apron. "Let's see, Dad has been calling you all morning, your PA has been calling you nonstop, and you have one missed call from mom who soon started sending you tons and tons of text messages. So, you are probably going to be in some deep poopie. I recommend that you call mom first." She stated while handing me my phone as I turned the phone on and stared at the lock screen.

The first thing I saw was:

Text from Mother:
"Where the hell are you?! ..."

Knowing my mother, I knew behind those three dots was a long paragraph of how worried she was about me and how if I didn't call her, she'd showcase all of my baby pictures on Facebook. That included the embarrassing ones that she had hidden away.

She did that every time.

"Oh god, mom's gonna kill me." I stated while rubbing my hands down my face. "I gotta go. Did Julian leave my car or did he take it with him again?" I questioned while removing my hands as Lucy smiled at me.

"Julian took your car back to mom and dad's house because he said that maybe you'd walk home." She stated while laughing quietly as I groaned in aggravation.

"That little slippery eel. And poopie?" I questioned while looking over at my twin who was slowly easing over towards her fridge quietly before she quickly pulled out eggs and bacon. "You know that's not even a word, right?" I added as she simply nodded her head while pulling out a skillet.

"It's what Jaylen and Jayden tell me when they have to go number two, so it's kind of stuck in my head and it's best to avoid cursing around toddlers because they repeat everything you say and mimic behavior. Plus, I think poopie is the best substitute for the grown up word." She stated while laughing quietly as Natalie joined in before an all too familiar ringtone pierced through the air as I quickly answered.

"Hi mom." I greeted as her end went silent for a second before she began to unleash her wrath through the phone.

"How many damn times have I told you about getting drunk?! Do you not listen to me when I tell you this in person?! Do you even listen to anything I say?! Where the hell are you?! I haven't heard a damn thing from you in awhile! Do you even know what time it is?!" She shouted as I quickly pulled the phone from my ear.

"Mom. Mom. I understand that you're angry mom. Please calm down, okay? I'm fine. I promise I am. I apologize for making you worry so much. I will try my best not to do such a thing again." I stated as my mom stopped her yelling before sighing.

"I was just worried that something could've happened to you. I don't want to lose one of my babies to something that could've been prevented. Do you hear me, Aiden Joshua Sampson? Don't you dare be stupid!" She warned as I smiled and quietly shook my head.

"I won't mom. I promise." I stated while sighing. "Now, have you seen that little snake?" I questioned as my mom groaned in aggravation.

"How many times must I tell you not to call Julian that?" She questioned, clearly displeased with that nickname. "Anyway, he's with your father at the company as your sit in since you were getting better after drinking and dancing the evening away. Please get there as soon as possible." She stated as I sighed in frustration.

"Mom, that's one of the reasons for why I wanted to call you. That slippery snake left my car at your house! He did it on purpose! When I get my hands on him, I'm gonna ring him up." I growled as my mom sighed again before I felt a slight tap on my shoulder. Quickly looking back, I noticed Natalie looking up at me quietly with her plump lips partially parted.

"U-Umm I could drop you off at the office if that's okay. I mean, that's where I have to go anyway. The meeting is going to start soon. So, what do you want to do?" She questioned as I tuned back in to my mother asking me an interesting question.

"Is she your new girlfriend?" My mom asked with a hint of hope in her voice as I quickly turned away from the beautiful woman before groaning quietly.

"No, stop jumping to conclusions. Talk with you later. And Julian might not be alive in the next hour." I stated before hanging up and turning back to Natalie. "I'll take your offer." I stated as she quietly kissed Raigh-lee's chubby cheeks before standing back up.

"Let's go." She stated while looking back at me while Raigh-lee looked between us before her mother exited the kitchen as I quickly followed behind her.

"Bye!" Raigh-lee shouted followed by babbling as Lucy's laughter filled the house.