Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Natalie's POV

The weekend flew by with a hitch. Aiden and I spent the entire weekend going out on dates and sightseeing some of New York. It was fun but the lingering question kept hanging over my head. It was always present no matter how much fun we had, whether it was out and about or in the apartment.

"How long has she been like that?" The familiar voice questioned as I looked up to be met by Lucy and Valentina entering the room while making their way to the sitting area where Stella laid with her legs propped up.

"Hmm, I would say until the time I came in around nine. Her PA told me that she seemed out of it when he arrived so I'm guessing she's been like this all morning." Stella answered while glancing over at me as I quietly sighed before laying my head down on my desk.

"What's wrong, Natalie?" Valentina questioned as I slowly looked up at the three women before sighing. "Does it have something to do with your lover?" She inquired as I quietly nodded as Lucy stood in excitement.

"You two finally did the dirty!" She practically shouted as I quietly hid my face that was now a bright red while nodding. "I knew it! But, why are you worried about that? Unless you two didn't use protection." She quietly stated as I hummed in reply.

"We did not use any because neither of us could hold back but that's not what I'm worried about right now, Lucy. I'm worried about moving into the new house at the end of the week." I stated while staring back at them as Valentina looked relieved while Stella and Lucy looked confused.

"What about moving into your new house? Do you not like it? What's wrong with it?" Stella asked as I quietly sighed before Valentina spoke up.

"Ladies, I don't think it's about the house in general. The house is just part of it. I think she's worried about being away from Aiden, so you want some type of advice for that. Right?" She asked as I nodded in agreement as Stella and Lucy looked at each other and sighed. "My advice to you is to just ask him to move in with you. Sit down and have a talk with him. If he doesn't want to move in now, that's okay too. There's nothing wrong with waiting." She stated as I quietly nodded while Lucy sat back down.

"Knowing my brother, I'm quite sure that he's waiting for the right time to discuss this with you." Lucy stated while grabbing a piece of candy out of the bowl on the table as I nodded.

"Maybe he knows that something is troubling you and like Lucy said, is waiting for the right time to ask you because maybe he doesn't want to seem like he's forcing a decision on you." Stella stated as the other two nodded along in agreement. "I remember when Yuki asked me to move in with him. He was a stuttering mess but in all, I was waiting for the opportunity to ask him as well but he beat me to it." She added with a joyous sigh as I smiled her way.

"I remember when my husband and I were just getting started and he asked me to move in with him but I couldn't because I was due back in the States soon so I rejected his offer. I was surprised that when I came back, he was still waiting for me." Valentina stated as I nodded quietly. "Even if you overthink the idea of living together, it's best to talk it out with him. We're rooting for you." She added with a smile as I sighed and nodded.

"Since we're sharing stories, I might as well share mines. David's line of work caused him to not stay in one place for long so he didn't really have a house nor care about having one so while we were dating, I offered him the key to my house as a sign that I wanted us to move in but I did it in the form of proposing. I had the ring box with the key inside and everything. It was going so well until David found it in my coat pocket and thought that I had betrayed him by not revealing that I had been proposed to. So, in a fit of anger, he opened the box to only find a key. My big dummy was surprised to find out that I was going to give him a key to my house." Lucy stated with a huff as we all looked at her in surprise.

"What happened after that?" Stella asked as we waited for her to continue.

"He explained why he felt betrayed by pulling out a ring box of his own saying how he wanted to propose to me before someone tried to swoop me up. After I playfully hit him, he got down on one knee and proposed. So, there were two proposals in one day." Lucy stated while laughing awkwardly as I awed at her situation.

"Wasn't that right after I got a little better? I remember that. You were a sobbing mess on the phone, but you sounded so happy." I stated as Lucy nodded with a smile on her face.

"Yep, I met him while we were in college but he was only there for work and not as a student. We seemed to have been together for awhile before he finally proposed. I was waiting for that day for ages but I didn't think he was going to propose anytime soon so I thought that I might as well offer him to move in since he's always there." She stated with a smile still etched on her face. "Just don't forget to have a talk with Aiden. Your story might end up like one of ours. You'll never know until you ask." She added as I nodded in understanding. Tonight was going to be a long night.

\\\\\\\\\\///////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Somehow, I feel like the last two chapters have been jumbled. Or that might just be me over thinking this again.

Anywho, I hope you're all have a great day and an even greater weekend. Stay safe and cool!

Andrea~