Chapter 14

Natalie's POV

A Few Hours Later~

I quickly buried myself in paperwork as I had made it through the majority of the morning without bumping into Aiden. He probably got the hint that I was avoiding him since I didn't see him after breakfast. Just thinking about the incident that happened this morning made my cheeks flush.

Aiden and I shared a kiss. A kiss! His lips on mines! And it was so sweet and loving! What the hell was wrong with me?!

"I see what you meant. How long has she been like this? All spaced out and squirmy?" The familiar voice questioned as I quickly looked up from my papers to meet the eyes of my best friend who was standing next to my assistant. They watched me like a worm as I remained in my seat with my arms stretched out on the desk. How long have they been here? I asked myself as Lucy nodded to my assistant before he left with a quiet nod. "What did you and Aiden do?" She asked while making her way over towards my desk before sitting on one of the chairs in front.

"I-I don't even know, but I wish that we could do it again though." I stated quietly while running my hands down my face. Ugh, I was acting like a little school girl! I need to snap back to normal and pretend like it never happened. It was all an illusion. All an illusion. An illu—

"Did you two finally have sex?" Lucy questioned with an excited look upon her face as I fell out of my chair, not realizing how close I was to the edge. Refusing to get back up, I hid behind my desk holding my steaming face. "Why are you hiding from me, Natalie?" She added on while circling the desk before smiling down at me.

"What the hell do you mean by finally?! We haven't even had sex...yet. It was just an innocent kiss. Even though I was hoping for more. Is it too sudden to want another's company after what happened between that monster and I? I feel scared to be committed to Aiden and then have it all taken away from me because of that monster. Maybe I'm just jumping ahead. Maybe Aiden doesn't like me on that level. Maybe it was an accident. Yeah. A man could never love a woman like me." I whispered to myself as Lucy punched me in the arm while grunting.

"Shut up before I slap some sense into you like last time. You're still on the road to recovery and bringing yourself down doesn't help your spirit. It makes you feel all shitty. That's why we're here! And you've had enough time to move on from that conniving snake! Even if it's Aiden, I'm sure that whatever you two had done, he most likely put his heart into it and meant it. That's one thing that I admire about my brother. No matter what he does, he puts his heart and soul into it even if sometimes it annoys the fuck out of me. Don't ever doubt yourself." She stated sternly while staring at me as I sighed. "Now, you spent all of this morning burrowing yourself in work. Let's go get some lunch than we can ease the Mama Bear in you and go check up on Raigh-lee." She added with a smile before standing up as she held out her hand towards me to help me up. Smiling back at her, I firmly grasped her hand as she pulled me up. Quietly sighing, I followed behind her without a single word.

[~~~]

Something told me to not agree to lunch with her. It kept shrieking at the back of my mind but I didn't listen because I didn't think that it'd be like this. I didn't think that I'd get set up. Maybe. Just maybe, for once, I should have listened to my conscience as it screamed.

"Is something wrong, Nat?" The devil herself asked as I stared at her from my side of the table before frowning. Lucy and Cassia sat across from us in the booth as I hadn't fully understood what was going on at the time until we were standing in front of the booth where both Cassia and Aiden sat, awaiting us. There was no warning whatsoever. It was a wam-bam kind of thing. Aiden himself even looked happy to see me as Cassia handed Lucy a crumpled up ten dollar bill before letting her in as Aiden did the same. Sighing, I turned my attention back to the three siblings before me.

"Gambling on people is horrible." I muttered while eating some of my pasta as Cassia and Lucy quietly glanced at me before returning to their conversation. Sighing again, I turned my attention towards the window as different people passed by on the sidewalk. One individual though, caught my eye as they continued to walk back and forth past the window, glancing in at us with a curious gaze. "Do you guys know him?" I asked while turning my attention back towards the three siblings as Cassia quickly perked up before sliding out of the booth.

"Lucy and I have to go handle some things but we'll be back before lunch ends." Cassia stated while pulling Lucy out of the booth before disappearing out the door as I turned my attention back to the window where the guy once passed by before disappearing into the crowd with a familiar golden haired woman. Just splendid.

"Nat, I think we need to talk about what happened this morning." Aiden stated as I glanced down at my pasta before meeting his eyes as he smiled a little. "I know it wasn't right for me to do, but I couldn't help myself. You've been on my mind since the first day I met you. I know that your past relationship was horrible but I want to show you that not all of us are like him. I want to keep you safe." Aiden stated as I stared at him in confusion.

"What are you saying, Aiden?" I asked as he gently grasped my hands while gazing into my eyes.

"I like you a lot, Natalie and I was wondering if you'd like to be my partner in crime?" He stated as the tip of his ears started to turn red while I smiled at his sweetness.

"I would love to be your partner in crime, you cheesy cutie." I replied while kissing his cheek.

[~~~]

A/N:

Heyo darlings!

I've finally finished this updated...after three weeks....

Anywho, I'll edit it up whenever I get some time to because it seems like a jumbled mess.

What did you all think of this chapter so far?

More updates coming soon! Stay lovely!

Andrea