Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Natalie's POV

After a great breakfast and some coffee, I drove us back to Lucy's house only to find an angry Lucy sitting in her living room, quietly rocking an upset toddler to sleep. Knowing that Lucy wasn't the type to easily be angered, I rushed to her side once I realized that the upset toddler was my baby.

"What happened? Are you okay?" I asked while staring at Lucy as she quickly stood up before handing over Raigh-lee to Aiden. Quickly turning back to me, she gently grasped my hand before pulling me out of the living room and into the hall.

"That bastard showed up again and rushed into my house." She stated with a deadly look upon her face. "Have you already filed for a restraining order against him? Because, if Raigh-lee weren't down taking her nap in the twin's room upstairs, he would have taken her without another word." She growled with bloody murder written all over her face. Without having to say his name, I knew exactly who she was talking about and of all people, he made the beast in Lucy come out. He was Raigh-lee's father. An abusive drunk who loved to beat on the nearest person to him and when he sobered up, he was no different. Just a little worse. And if it weren't for Lucy and her kindness, I would have still been stuck in that relationship or worse, I could have been dead without my baby. Quickly shaking that horrid thought from my mind, I looked back at Lucy.

"I did, but it doesn't matter to him." I stated while staring her in the eyes. "He didn't care when I told him that I was pregnant and he didn't care when I birthed Raigh-lee. I don't see why he even showed up here today. Did he say anything?" I asked her as she stared off for a second before glancing back at me.

"The stupid bastard said that he'd be back for what was rightfully his. Then he just disappeared out the front door like a mad man from hell." She stated while shaking her head angrily as I sighed quietly to myself. There was no possible way that I'd be able to go home tonight. After all, he knows where I live after stalking my apartment complex plenty of times. Trying to brighten the mood, I turned my attention back to Lucy knowing that she said something to him.

"What did you say to him? I know that you didn't just let him walk off without a clear threat to rattle his bones."

"You're damn right! And I didn't threaten him, I clearly made a promise." She stated proudly while jutting out her chin. "I promised him that if he didn't take his drunk ass somewhere else, I'd shoot him with my husband's shotgun because he was trespassing on my property." She added with clear proudness shining in her eyes. Her husband, David, was some type of secretive person who knew how to shoot extremely well, so when he met Lucy, he took it upon himself to train her. Because at that time, David knew that it was not so safe to leave Lucy by herself in New York. So, whenever David leaves for work or something, he'd leave Lucy well prepared if anything were to happen and she was okay with that.

"Who do you plan on shooting, Lucy? And what's with the strong emphasis on the he and him?" A deep voice questioned as Aiden appeared in the doorway to the living room with my baby asleep on his chest. She looked more worn out than usual.

"A dirty monster that's been stalking and torturing my poor babies." Lucy answered back while hugging me firmly as Aiden looked from her to me in questioning. "It's not my place to say but I have a favor to ask of you Aiden and don't you dare object to it." She stated firmly while looking up at me as I was the one to look at her in curiosity. As the words flew out of her mouth, I knew there was no going back. Even if I rejected her pleas, she ended up pulling her puppy dog face on me and Aiden didn't really seem to mind his twin's suggestions.

Sighing to myself, I just quietly shook my head at the two. There was no going back but this would also be safer for Raigh-lee.

[~~~]

8:45 PM

I nervously stared down at my little monster. She seemed to be okay with this arrangement and was taking in this new environment pretty well. I couldn't say the same for me though.

This was different for me. I don't care how you put it.

"Here, try some of this. It'll help calm you down some." Aiden stated while handing me a cup full of dark liquid that I presumed was tea since a string with Lipton was hanging off of the side of the cup. Glancing away from the tea, I stared up at Aiden curiously. His face was all that I could look at, because you know...checking out your half naked business partner was not the wisest decision to do. And, let me just add that, he just got out of the shower.

"Th-Thanks." I quietly stated while looking back towards the TV that was currently playing The Cat in the Hat. "Ummm...I'm sorry for putting all of this on you all of a sudden.  It was out of the blue and I should have just went back home." I stated while nodding my head as Aiden started laughing quietly before shaking his head.

"Ahh, no its okay. It's good to have some new company once in awhile plus, your safety is my safety. I can't let my business partner go through something so horrendous by themselves. So, don't worry about it." He stated with a smile on his lush lips. What guy in their right mind allows a woman and her child to stay with him until their threat disappears? I asked myself while sipping some more of my tea.

Apparently, this handsome guy does. A small voice whispered back to me as I quietly rolled my eyes at the TV. Sure. A guy let's a big boned woman with her daughter live with him. Either he's up to something or he was raised right.

Either one, I'm glad that I met his sister and then was able to be business partners with her brother. Who knew that there were still some kind type of people in NYC? I asked myself while glancing over at Aiden who quietly sipped at his tea.

Life just got interesting.