Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Natalie's POV
Next Day~

Staring down at my happy baby, I kissed the top of her head as she looked up at me in excitement. I wasn't sure if it was because she was surrounded by nothing but food and family or if it was because she was interested by the flames from the candles. Whatever it was, I was just happy to see her smiling face.

"Ready to blow out the candles, Raigh-lee?" Valentina asked as she held up the camera while Aiden quietly recorded from the side with a thumbs up as we started singing Happy Birthday to Raigh-lee. Quietly leaning down, I blew out the candles as Raigh-lee had attempted to but the flames only faltered a little. "Happy birthday, Raigh-lee! Now, I want some pictures to add to the family album." She stated as our Nonno (grandpa) took over recording duties while my Nonna (grandma) ushered Aiden towards me and Raigh-lee. Smiling, he gently wrapped his arm around my waist while kissing my cheek as Raigh-lee nestled between us.

"I think the birthday girl might need this though." Aiden stated while quietly placing a birthday hat on Raigh-lee's head as she just clapped in excitement. "Are you excited about eating or the hat?" He asked her as she smiled up at him before turning back to her aunt who continued to snap pictures while trying to get Raigh-lee's attention the entire time.

"I can't believe we're leaving tonight. I'm going to miss seeing my family and smelling the fresh sea water from the balcony of my Nonna's house." I stated while gently placing Raigh-lee down into a seat at the table as my Nonna started passing out slices of the cake. "What did you think of my hometown and my family?" I inquired while looking back at Aiden as he quietly came and wrapped his arms around my waist again.

"I enjoyed it here and I hope we can come back again to visit." He stated while gently kissing my ear. "Since it's our last day here, why don't we go on a date and spend a little time together? That'll give Raigh-lee and your family some more time together to bond. I promise it'll be okay and we'll be back before it's time for us to go." He added as I laid my hands on his while smiling.

"I'm fine with that but where are we going?" I inquired as he quietly hummed before turning me towards him while caressing my cheek. "I'm not fond of secrets." I immediately stated as the thought of him hiding our date slipped through my mind.

"I'll keep that in mind while thinking about our future dates." He stated while kissing me as the sound of a camera went off before we slowly pulled apart. "I was thinking that we could go for a walk around your neighborhood while we both exchange stories about some of our most funniest memories, get something to eat and probably some ice cream, then head down to the beach and watch the sunset. How's that sound?" He asked as I gently entwined our hands together while smiling.

"Cheesy but great. Shall I see if my Nonna can watch Raigh-lee while we're gone?" I asked as he quietly nodded while kissing my forehead as I released his hands to go find my Nonna. Shuffling past relatives who I haven't seen in awhile, I made my way into the kitchen where I found my grandmother taking some freshly cooked desserts out of the oven. "Here, let me help you with those." I stated while quickly putting on a oven mitten before grabbing the trays and placing them on the wooden counter.

"Thank you darling. Now, is there something that your Nonna can do for you?" She inquired with a knowing smile upon her face. "If it has anything to do with you and your new boyfriend being alone, go on ahead. We got this." She smiled while looking over towards my Nonno who was diligently working on icing some pink cupcakes. "Make sure you stop by and get some ice cream. The shopkeepers wanted to see you before you left." She added while gently pushing me out of the kitchen. "And don't forget to have fun." She smiled while kissing my forehead before disappearing back into the kitchen.

[~~~]

After finally leaving the house with Aiden, we walked and talked about some of the most weirdest things that we've both done as kids. I even found out some interesting things that Aiden and Lucy did together as twins that almost made me question their sanity. We strolled along town sightseeing and greeting some of my old neighbors before we made our way towards the ice cream shop where we were greeted by the old shopkeepers.

"Georgie, little Natalie is back." The shopkeepers wife, Rosalind, stated while quietly shaking her husband awake as he looked around before his eyes landed on me and Aiden. "Oh, it's so good to see you again sweetie." She greeted while rounding the counter to hug me. "Is this the new lover that your nonna was telling me about?" She asked with a raised brow and a sly smile upon her face.

"It's nice to meet you ma'am, sir." Aiden greeted while nodding his head towards the shopkeepers as Rosalind's smile remained on her face. "My name is Aiden Sampson and I'm Natalie's boyfriend." He added as George waved off his wife before hugging us.

"Take care of this young lady. She's family to us too." George stated while staring at Aiden as he nodded in understanding before the elderly man turned back towards the counter. "You two look like you're busy, so we won't keep you longer. What type of ice cream will you two be having?" He asked while washing his hands as we ordered our ice cream and left towards the beach.

"It's moments like this, that I wish I could relive over and over." I stated as we found a quiet spot on the beach to sit and watch the sunset while eating our ice cream. "It's so perfect. I'm here enjoying the sunset with one of the best people in the world while eating ice cream." I stated as we both laughed quietly while watching as the sky painted over in warm vibrant colors.

"I agree." He quietly replied while placing down his cup before turning to me as we stared at each other quietly. "You've grown stronger since I first met you. You're an outgoing woman who has the most beautiful personality. You are both beautiful inside and out and I'm glad that I was allowed to help you on your journey to success. A journey full of love whether it be for the people around you or yourself. Natalie, I love everything about you. And I don't expect a reply from you but I want you to know that you can always count on me having your back and loving you as you are." He stated as I was at a lost of words before I pressed my lips against his.

//////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////

Heyo darlings!

I've been gone for awhile, I apologise for my absence. Just a few things going on here and there.

Also, this chapter has been cornering me for the last two weeks. I didn't know where I was going with this when I started the chapter, but today, I did.

Anywho, updates will be coming your way soon. I promise.

Andrea

P.S. If I don't update this book, I might be stuck or I might be working on the rest of this series. I have soooo much thought out. Sooooo, if you've read the first book, you know about how Aiden's dad and mom met. I plan on writing out what happened to Aiden's Uncles and Aunts aka Jackson's siblings. Soooo ready!! Let me know what you think.