Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Days had started to fly by without a hitch. And by that time, the whole family knew about my pregnancy. While some showed clear disapproval for my pregnancy because it was out of wedlock, my grandparents understood and gave me as much support as I needed. My nonna was even talking about flying to New York near the end of my pregnancy to be there with me whenever I have my baby and I was glad for that.

"Are you okay, love?" Aiden asked while setting down a stack of boxes in front of the kitchen door of our new house as I turned to him and nodded. "Are you hot? I could get you something to drink. Do you need some rest? I can set up the kitchen while you rest up some." He stated while quietly making his way to me as I gently pressed a kiss to his jaw.

"I'm okay. I'm just thinking, that's all." I smiled as he gently hugged me. "What was that for?" I asked as he laid his head on my shoulder. "Are you tired? Maybe you should rest." I coaxed as he just sighed before standing up.

"I'm okay. I just wanted to be close to you two." He stated while kissing my cheek before he turned and walked back to the boxes at the entryway of the kitchen. "I think they did a great job on the house. Do you like it?" He asked while squatting down to pick up the boxes.

"I love it. I'll make some drinks for everybody." I stated with a smile as he nodded before disappearing down the hall. Quietly sighing, I leaned back against the dark marble counter while staring out the window. From just beyond this window, you could see the front yard and the moving truck parked off to the side with my dad and my brother unloading some boxes while David and Yuki brought them to the threshold where Lucy and Valentina were picking them up.

"Hey! There you are. I've been looking everywhere for you." Stella exclaimed excitedly as she appeared in the doorway of the kitchen. It was still weird to see her without her protruding belly. "Okay, now that I've found you, you can come help us with something." She stated while ushering me out of the kitchen and down the hall. The hall itself was currently bare of any pictures or decorations but it wouldn't be long before we filled the burgundy walls with our own collection. Even the dark wooden floors were nice and waxed as it led to the glass back doors on one end and the wooden front door on the other. "Natalie?" Stella called while standing at the back door as I was pulled away from admiring the hallway. "Are you coming?" She asked as I nodded before we walked out the glass doors and into the backyard. Standing on the deck, I looked out at the current work in progress that was being done by my mom and some of her friends. They were currently laying down pathways leading to different things in the yard and planting different flowers and bushes to add some homey feeling.

"Mommy!" My baby called while waving at me from the garden where her and my mom were currently planting some seeds for a garden. My mom had even dressed Raigh-lee for the occasion with a straw hat, a cute flower shirt, a pair of dark blue shorts, and her dark polka dot rain boots. "Mommy! I helped!" She shouted excitedly while covered in dirt as I smiled at her.

"I see, baby. Mommy's proud of you." I called back as she smiled at me before going back to helping her grandma. "It looks great out here so far. What was it that you needed me to see?" I asked while looking back at Stella who grasped my hand and led me off into the yard.

[~~~]

After hours of helping out in the garden, we all decided that that was enough for today and we'd resume it tomorrow since the sun was going down. Mostly everyone had left to go home while Lucy and Valentina situated themselves in the living room. I would join them after I finished bathing Raigh-lee.

"Did you have fun today?" I asked while carefully washing Raigh-lee's curls as she stopped playing with the bubbles before nodding. "Are you ready to go watch some tv with your aunties?" I added as she happily cheered while I rinsed her off before letting the water out of the tub. I carefully picked her up and set her on the towel while drying her off before drying her hair.

"Mommy?" She called as I continued to dry her off with a hum. "Love." She stated as I stopped and looked at her.

"Love what, baby?" I asked as she smiled and pointed at me. "I love you too, baby." I smiled while kissing her forehead. We were finally free.

/////////\\\\\\\////////

Heyo beauties!

Real quick because I know most don't read this, I'm thinking of having a Q&A chapter since I'm almost finished with this book.

Comment your questions here and I'll put them in a chapter to be answered.

Now that that's out of the way, hello all! I know that this chapter is really short but I've been busy lately with my new job and getting ready for school again. I will be updating again soon so watch out for a new update.

Also, once I'm finished with this book, I'll probably take a few days off to get Anna's book ready to put up. In case you forgot who Anna was, she's Jackson's youngest sister who's also Aiden's aunt. I wanted to go on ahead and write this book and see how I was going to end the series.

That's all for now. Don't forget to ask your questions for a Q&A chapter.

Andrea