Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Natalie's POV

Even as I stared at what remained of my safe haven, it's like I couldn't move or operate correctly. It felt as if the me that I was building up had died in that fire along with all of the things that I held dear to my heart. And now standing here in the aftermath, was the old me. The woman who forgot just what type of man her ex-fiance was. Because behind all of that beauty that made up William Richardson, was nothing but pure evil. Something that I had witnessed first hand. Many times.

"Natalie." Aiden stated quietly as I pulled myself from the dark side of my mind that I had been trying to keep at the back of my mind. But, even I knew that there was no possibility that I could run away from what I once was. "Natalie, let's get you two out of here before the paparazzi come." Aiden added as he reached out towards me while I flinched away from him.

"Please, don't touch me." I quietly held onto Raigh-lee while pressing a kiss to her forehead. Noticing my slight change of attitude, Aiden nodded quietly while holding out his sleeved arm.

"I'm not that guy. I promise, but it's okay if you hold onto my sleeve. I don't want to lose you." He stated firmly as I looked up at him while he smiled. "I want to take you two to a place where it's safe, okay?" He questioned as I quietly nodded while grabbing onto the sleeve of his arm before he guided us out of the building and back into my car. Once we were on the road again with Aiden behind the wheel, I watched the buildings fly by in a blur. "What's his name?" He asked after a few minutes of silence while glancing over at me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked while looking over at him as he sighed quietly before turning his attention back to the road. "I'm sorry about earlier. I'm never usually like this but." I stopped myself with a sigh. I was having an internal battle with myself. I either wanted to go and hide or I wanted to just ball my eyes out from the fear of knowing that he's pursuing me again.

"I understand if you don't want to talk about it but I want you to know that you aren't alone in this world and no matter how screwed up this world is, not all of us are the same. So, if you need somebody to talk to, I'm always here and so is Lucy. She's her own therapist." He stated with a smile upon his face as I laughed at his reference. He was referring to the times Lucy used to give out advice to anyone who willingly asked for it. I saw it first hand once when David came home from work, angry. Let's just say, David realized that Lucy had some words of wisdom and quite a bit of craziness in her. Quietly laughing, I looked back over at Aiden who glanced over at me with a smile upon his lips.

"Okay, thank you." I quietly stated while looking back at Raigh-lee who was quietly sucking on her pacifier while looking around the car in complete interest. Sighing, I turned my attention back to the window as we sped through town.

[~~~]

I wasn't surprised when we pulled up in front of Lucy's house because her house was a safe haven. Quietly getting out of the car, I barely had time to close the door before I was engulfed in a hug by too many people.

"My baby. Are you okay?!" The familiar voice questioned as I pull away from them to get a good look. Standing before me in all their worried glory was my family. My mother, father, and older brother who all looked me over for what I was assuming to be burns or marks. "Oh darling, I was so scared that something happened to you and my baby." My mother mumbled with tears brimming the rims of her dark brown eyes. She quietly wiped her nose with the tissue that she had covering her mouth as her dark brown curls blew over her shoulder.

"Was it him again?" The tall light skinned man asked as he stood beside my mother, looking down at me with a protective glint in his light blue eyes. Of every human being on the Earth, I was hoping that I didn't have to deal with him or my father but, I guess there are other things in plan for me. "How come you haven't put a restraining order on him yet?" He added while running his hands through the short dark brown curls upon his head. As usual, he was dressed in a dark gray Armani suit with a look to kill on his face just like our father. In fact, those two were exact replicas of each other except our father had a slight darker skin tone.